DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CWM + Kernel

  1. Nexus Rescue Squad
    bhfd64's Avatar
    Member #
    178680
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    234
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    #11
    Did you ever get it figured out? Sounds like a definite driver issue. May have some conflicting with others. You might try USB Deview to remove all of the drivers at once and then start out fresh.
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #12
    Nope haven't figured it out, and my main PC actually crashed on me today (Blue screen of death). First one in years, had a feeling it was time for a reformat and memory test. Gonna give it a shot hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Recovering some files right now....

    Thanks for posting the Deview, will definitely remember that for next time
  3. Droid Ninja
    rubiksc00p's Avatar
    Member #
    223451
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Posts
    1,376
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Nope haven't figured it out, and my main PC actually crashed on me today (Blue screen of death). First one in years, had a feeling it was time for a reformat and memory test. Gonna give it a shot hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Recovering some files right now....

    Thanks for posting the Deview, will definitely remember that for next time
    Sounds like you've been in bad shape lately. ;( Good luck. All I can say is drivers. :P

    Sent from the best phone on Verizon!
  4. Nexus Rescue Squad
    bhfd64's Avatar
    Member #
    178680
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    234
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Nope haven't figured it out, and my main PC actually crashed on me today (Blue screen of death). First one in years, had a feeling it was time for a reformat and memory test. Gonna give it a shot hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Recovering some files right now....

    Thanks for posting the Deview, will definitely remember that for next time
    Jeez tough luck. You'll get it the next time around.
  5. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiksc00p View Post
    Sounds like you've been in bad shape lately. ;( Good luck. All I can say is drivers. :P

    Sent from the best phone on Verizon!
    Technology hasn't been working well with me past couple days. I'm just glad I'm healthy, that's what counts

    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    Jeez tough luck. You'll get it the next time around.
    If this reformat doesn't work then I'm seriously lost. I tried sbenson's method twice and it still didn't work. Anyone got another method they tried?
  6. Droid Ninja
    syndicate0017's Avatar
    Member #
    166960
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,014
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    #16
    Try moving ADB to a different folder location. Create an android-sdk folder on the root of your C drive and move your superboot file there. If that doesn't work, it's definitely a driver issue. If you're having trouble un-installing the drivers, the only thing I could suggest is rolling your PC back to a date before you installed the driver the first time.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  7. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Try moving ADB to a different folder location. Create an android-sdk folder on the root of your C drive and move your superboot file there. If that doesn't work, it's definitely a driver issue. If you're having trouble un-installing the drivers, the only thing I could suggest is rolling your PC back to a date before you installed the driver the first time.
    Well I'm rolling my PC back to factory settings...BSoD on me earlier today. Clean slate, hopefully I can get it working. Once I'm done recovering my files and moving them to an external I may just give it a shot right away that way in case I do have to reformat again I don't have to waste so much time transferring files back
  8. Nexus Rescue Squad
    bhfd64's Avatar
    Member #
    178680
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    234
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    If this reformat doesn't work then I'm seriously lost. I tried sbenson's method twice and it still didn't work. Anyone got another method they tried?
    You could try Wug's toolkit. Lots of people have had success with it. As nice as it is, I still always prefer people to go about things manually to familiarize themselves with the process. Here is the guide I used for getting ADB set up for my phone. Then it's as simple as running 2 commands to push the recovery file.
  9. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    You could try Wug's toolkit. Lots of people have had success with it. As nice as it is, I still always prefer people to go about things manually to familiarize themselves with the process. Here is the guide I used for getting ADB set up for my phone. Then it's as simple as running 2 commands to push the recovery file.
    Well just finished reformatting. I'll try Wug's, thanks!
  10. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,394
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #20
    Well this is frustrating....Drivers won't properly install even after USB Deview. I get "Galaxy Nexus" which installs drivers properly and then "Galaxy" which doesn't find proper drivers.

    Does it matter that I'm already rooted and have Android Revolution? Only thing I can think of at this point
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [KERNEL][TouchWiz][4.27.11] OTB-Reloaded Kernel
    By Vinnie981 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
  2. [KERNEL][5-2-11]Stock Kernel - No Recovery Flash
    By TAPOUT27 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. Need help removing Voodoo Kernel and going back to stock kernel
    By Stelv in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
  4. [Kernel] 1Ghz Gingerbread Kernel Updated Frequently!
    By peteralfonso in forum Bugless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Search tags for this page

cwm flash kernel

,
cwm kernel
,

flash kernel cwm

,
flash kernel using cwm
,
flash kernel via cwm
,
flash kernel with cwm
,

how to flash a kernel with cwm

,

how to flash kernel using cwm

,
how to flash kernel via cwm
,

how to flash kernel with cwm

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+