DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: USB drivers

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    doid bionic

USB drivers

I just bought my nexus a day ago and i plugged it into my computer to make sure all the drivers were installed on my computer and all were working. Today i plugged the nexus into my computer and it doesn't see my phone. All the drivers are still installed on my computer. I tried plugging my phone into a friends computer and it didn't see the phone either. I have usb debugging on and allow mock locations on. Under storage on the phone i switched it back and fourth from media and camera and nothing. The phone is still locked and not rooted. Any advice would be much appreciated. I want to thank everyone for helping people like me out. Without you'll i don't know what i would do

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorce209 View Post
    I just bought my nexus a day ago and i plugged it into my computer to make sure all the drivers were installed on my computer and all were working. Today i plugged the nexus into my computer and it doesn't see my phone. All the drivers are still installed on my computer. I tried plugging my phone into a friends computer and it didn't see the phone either. I have usb debugging on and allow mock locations on. Under storage on the phone i switched it back and fourth from media and camera and nothing. The phone is still locked and not rooted. Any advice would be much appreciated. I want to thank everyone for helping people like me out. Without you'll i don't know what i would do
    When I first got my Gnex and was setting it up to unlock and root it, I could not get my laptop to recognize it either. I ran across a guide that included the suggestion of using the installation of PdaNet on both the PC and the phone to get the proper drives installed. In fact, it even said you could uninstall the app from the PC and the phone after the drivers were installed and the drivers would remain.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Links