DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is it possible to put Samsung S2 camera apk on Galaxy nexus?

  1. Senior Droid
    cloud12077's Avatar
    Member #
    46974
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    SCH-i515 - Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    Is it possible to put Samsung S2 camera apk on Galaxy nexus?

    Just wondering if it would be at all possible to rip the apk off the S2 and install it on a rooted Gnex?
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    If you're aiming to change the quality then I don't think it'd have much affect. Could be wrong though...

    If somehow you did find the apk it should work...
  3. Droid Sensei
    tgyberg's Avatar
    Member #
    16974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,751
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    #3
    People were able to put the Droid X and Atrix .apk on the Bionic and it worked. Let us know if you try it!
  4. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    People were able to put the Droid X and Atrix .apk on the Bionic and it worked. Let us know if you try it!
    Any reason why they put "older" camera apps into the Bionic? I haven't seen the quality of the Bionic camera so I can't judge. And since it was successful did they see any real improvement of their pictures?
    Last edited by dezymond; 01-19-2012 at 04:01 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    cloud12077's Avatar
    Member #
    46974
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    SCH-i515 - Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Well I got the apk from xda and tried to install it, but it says that it wouldn't install. I even tried to place the apk into the system/app folder (renaming CameraGoogle.apk to .bak) and still a no go. Any ideas?
  6. Droid Sensei
    tgyberg's Avatar
    Member #
    16974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,751
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud12077 View Post
    Well I got the apk from xda and tried to install it, but it says that it wouldn't install. I even tried to place the apk into the system/app folder (renaming CameraGoogle.apk to .bak) and still a no go. Any ideas?
    You probably need to change the permissions. May also need to change the name of the stock cam or freeze it. My guess is the permissions are the culprit tho.
  7. Droid Sensei
    tgyberg's Avatar
    Member #
    16974
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,751
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Any reason why they put "older" camera apps into the Bionic? I haven't seen the quality of the Bionic camera so I can't judge. And since it was successful did they see any real improvement of their pictures?
    Yea, the Bionic camera moves around like a drunken elephant! Trying to capture anything that was moving was a complete waste of time.
  8. Senior Droid
    cloud12077's Avatar
    Member #
    46974
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    SCH-i515 - Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    When I change CameraGoogle.apk (Gnex apk) to .bak it removes the app from the app drawer and from my home screen.

    When I place the S2 CameraGoogle.apk into the system/app folder it doesn't give me any app in the app drawer.

    Just tried changing all the permissions to allow and still a no go.
  9. Administrator
    wicked's Avatar
    Member #
    126062
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,915
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud12077 View Post
    When I change CameraGoogle.apk (Gnex apk) to .bak it removes the app from the app drawer and from my home screen.

    When I place the S2 CameraGoogle.apk into the system/app folder it doesn't give me any app in the app drawer.

    Just tried changing all the permissions to allow and still a no go.
    You'll need to install the .apk aswell. After you place it in the system/app folder, double click to install.

    It won't show up in the app drawer until you do so. Also a reboot might be required.


  10. Senior Droid
    cloud12077's Avatar
    Member #
    46974
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    SCH-i515 - Galaxy Nexus
    #10
    This is what it says:

    Is it possible to put Samsung S2 camera apk on Galaxy nexus?-screenshot_2012-01-19-17-26-02.png
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus camera apk

,

galaxy s2 camera apk

,
galaxy s2 stock camera apk
,
samsung camera .apk
,

samsung camera apk

,
samsung galaxy camera apk
,

samsung galaxy s2 camera apk

,
samsung galaxy s2 stock camera.apk
,
samsung stock camera apk
,

touchwiz camera apk

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+