DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SDcard contents exist, but I can't see them!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolphe View Post
    I'm looking for a solution to this myself. None of my pictures show up in the gallery.
    after literally months of trying to figure this out, i used the android revolution superwipe and it worked perfectly. link: http://tinyurl.com/d3adqlq (don't worry, it doesn't touch the sdcard)

in cwm do a fulle wipe (cache/data/dalvik/etc), then flash the superwipe, then flash whatever rom you're using (i'm on codename at the moment). after you do your normal restore of everything, reboot (might take a couple reboot's) and everything should be back to normal!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I'm bumping this b/c I came across this issue the other day and I couldn't transfer my Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro backups to my other phone because of it. Has there been a better solution figured out than to wipe?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I'm bumping because I have one more data point concerning this issue. Note that previous to this issue I've had no difficulty transferring files or having Windows Explorer read the sdcard.

I hooked the phone to the computer (win7) to transfer the new BlackIce B36 rom to the phone. When I tried to do the transfer the progress bar did not move. I cancelled the transfer and clicked on the internal storage and windows explorer would not read the sdcard. I fiddle around with this for a few minutes - rebooted phone, reboot computer, moved to different usb port, tried Sdrescan (which worked temporarily but issue returned almost immediately). I started thinking about what changes I had made recently to the phone. I had reinstalled the paid version of PowerAmp. I further remembered seeing it put a notification up occassionally about "rescaning music libraries". I uninstalled PowerAmp and everything was immediately fixed. MTP and Windows Explorer once again playing nicely.

Again, this is being represented as solution for everyone, but it is merely once more data point.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. msu
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus from DX
    I just got my SGN last week and after playing with it I have come to not understand one thing.
    I'm coming from DX and I backed up all my SDcard stuff so I could pics, wallpapers, ringtones, etc on my Nexus.

Well When it comes to transfering pictures it seems to fail every single time!??? I really don't understand why it will not copy them over to my Nexus. I'm using Win7 and using pdanet drivers. Everything else seemed to transfer over just fine yet it has trouble with pictures???
    I have randomly seen the nothing showing up stuff also. I will go into a folder and nothing is there, but they are on my phone?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @iceryda
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mendy817 View Post
    after literally months of trying to figure this out, i used the android revolution superwipe and it worked perfectly. link: http://tinyurl.com/d3adqlq (don't worry, it doesn't touch the sdcard)

in cwm do a fulle wipe (cache/data/dalvik/etc), then flash the superwipe, then flash whatever rom you're using (i'm on codename at the moment). after you do your normal restore of everything, reboot (might take a couple reboot's) and everything should be back to normal!
    This didn't work for me
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rom: AOKP 38
    Kernel: Franco Milestone 4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links