DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDcard contents exist, but I can't see them!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    Because of the way MTP works, new files will not be visible until the phone's Media Scanner Service indexes them. This may not necessarily happen between creating a new file and connecting the phone, but there is an app that can force it to happen:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bero.sdrescan

You can actually run the scan while your phone is connected and watch the files show up.
    i tried SDRescan... it just said "scanning" and never finished. i actually left it on overnight and still nothing
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Phone
    D1>DX>Bionic>NEXUS!!
    Every now and then it seems like I plug in my phone, and my PC sees it, but when I click on the drive it doesn't show anything. Seems like when it does this I have to unlock my screen and get to my homescreen, then all of a sudden I can see the folders. Other times I plug it in and it sees everything instantly. Guess I need to troubleshoot more to see if there is a pattern.

Rockin 4g on my Nexus - FINALLY!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    well i've flashed another rom and STILL the same problem. very very very confused
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    i'm gonna bump this thread, because i'm STILL having the same issue. still can't see anything on my computer or on my phone (unless i use a file explorer)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mendy817 View Post
    i tried SDRescan... it just said "scanning" and never finished. i actually left it on overnight and still nothing
    I have been having the same issue reported in the OP. I downloaded SDRescan as mentioned in other threads and it does seem to get stuck at the "scanning" screen. However, I just closed the SDRescan app, reconnected my phone to my pc and the files and folders showed up. I do not believe SDRescan is accurately reporting what it is doing and I do believe just launching it initializes the Media Scanner Service scan.

I had a similar problem in the other direction. Added MP3s to my phone from a PC, but the Music app would not see the MP3s. Reboot phone and everything else I could try and the songs would not populate. I ran SDRescan, after a few seconds of "scanning" force closed the app and all my songs started appearing in the Music app.

There is definitely an issue with SDRescan not reporting what it is doing accurately, but I do believe it works. I just wish the Nexus had a built in option to force Media Scanner Service. I would wish for the USB connectivity that my Droid X had, but in actuality the MTP process works out best. When I connect my phone to a PC to transfer files, I do not lose access to those files from the phone. This is kind of nice when all my ringtones and notifications are located on the phone. With the Droid X, connecting to a PC made those sounds revert back to default. Still, it would be nice if there was a simple option in the storage settings to initialize the Media Scanner Service.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I just noticed this thread. I too am having this same problem. I outlined it here in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gal...g-folders.html that I posted yesterday. Seems like it might be a 4.0.3 issue, not sure but I'll bounce back and forth and continue to research and see if we can't figure this issue out.

I tried the sdrescan app and had no luck.

I'll keep searching...
    Droid Does - Endless Possibilities
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDz3 View Post
    I just noticed this thread. I too am having this same problem. I outlined it here in this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/gal...g-folders.html that I posted yesterday. Seems like it might be a 4.0.3 issue, not sure but I'll bounce back and forth and continue to research and see if we can't figure this issue out.

I tried the sdrescan app and had no luck.

I'll keep searching...

thanks, and definitely let me know if you find anything out, its driving me nuts... i'm thinking about unrooting and re-rooting just to see if i can fix it, but i'm afraid i'll lose everything on my "sd card" since i have no really good way of transferring it to my computer
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mendy817 View Post
    thanks, and definitely let me know if you find anything out, its driving me nuts... i'm thinking about unrooting and re-rooting just to see if i can fix it, but i'm afraid i'll lose everything on my "sd card" since i have no really good way of transferring it to my computer
    I have been using AirDroid for the time being. https://market.android.com/details?i...FpcmRyb2lkIl0. It allows you to access your 'sdcard' just fine through a web browser over a WiFi connection and you can transfer files from PC to your phone or vice versa. It actually is a very handy app especially if you do not have your usb with you at all times, but I still want to figure this problem out and get back to the traditional usb transferring.
    Droid Does - Endless Possibilities
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    lg g2
    yeah, i tried airdroid and the problem was that i couldn't transfer the entire sd card contents over to my pc (like, by just transferring folders).

i think the most annoying part of the issue is the fact that i can't get ringtones or certain pictures to work on the actual phone. super annoying
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm looking for a solution to this myself. None of my pictures show up in the gallery.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links