DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battery

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy nexus

Battery

What is the best battery saving app for the galaxy nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Juice Defender Pro has a LOT of options if you go into advanced mode and tweak it yourself. Both that and 2X Batt tend to do a decent job with default settings.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    If have to give a +1 for Juice Defender as well. My favorite feature isn't so much the battery saver as much as the auto switch between wifi and Verizon data it does when i get near saved wifi networks and leave their range.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    +1 juice defender. I have JD PLUS and have tweaked my custom settings for the last 3 months and the results have been VERY noticeable. I have a Bionic but the results should be the same for your GN

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Riding the information superhighway, next exit Droidforums.net
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Juice defender...I tried the free version a while ago all it did was give me connectivity problems. It disables internet when your screen is off right? When you turn it on it enables it again. Does this constant switching kill you battery more if you open your screen up a lot.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    GalNex
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    Juice defender...I tried the free version a while ago all it did was give me connectivity problems. It disables internet when your screen is off right? When you turn it on it enables it again. Does this constant switching kill you battery more if you open your screen up a lot.
    I didn't notice that as much as I noticed the wait time to reconnect once I turned the screen on. It would take over a minute sometimes. I eventually came to the conclusion that I hate waiting upwards of a minute to get a five-second answer off Google even more than I hate charging my battery daily and thus I disabled JD. I had the paid ULTIMATE version or whatever it's called.

Maybe it works better for folks who have a stronger signal (not like I didn't have a good signal, just saying). Wasn't the solution for me.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    The worse the signal the better the savings. When in low reception areas the phone cranks up the output trying to get a better signal and jd turning off the network helps the most by keeping the phone from trying to get a better signal by disabling the network.
    Hope that makes sense

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I tried JD for a bit too, and noticed the same thing as droidhyabusa. JD wasn't the solution for me; I went and bought a charger for my desk at work. I use the phone for about 5-6 hrs then charge it in the afternoon so I have battery for the evening. Hopefully the update extends this time out.

I was listening to music via stereo BT, but I'm trying wired headphones today to see if that helps.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by WookieClaws View Post
    I was listening to music via stereo BT, but I'm trying wired headphones today to see if that helps.
    I've always been curious about this, actually. You would think using a wired headset would be a battery savings since you can turn off the bluetooth radio - but how does the power used by the bluetooth radio compare to the driver/amplifier that drives the headphones?

I really don't know the answer, but I'd be willing to believe either one. With bluetooth, the headphones are using their own battery to amplify, so you can call that a "power savings" since you aren't drawing off the phone battery. Bluetooth is a very low-power transciever, after all...
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7enLC View Post
    I've always been curious about this, actually. You would think using a wired headset would be a battery savings since you can turn off the bluetooth radio - but how does the power used by the bluetooth radio compare to the driver/amplifier that drives the headphones?

I really don't know the answer, but I'd be willing to believe either one. With bluetooth, the headphones are using their own battery to amplify, so you can call that a "power savings" since you aren't drawing off the phone battery. Bluetooth is a very low-power transciever, after all...
    I have wondered that as well. I would be very surprised if there was a big difference between the two.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links