DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: With all the issues the Galaxy Nexus is having, why is it being proclaimed the best?

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Guys seriously? This thread it starting to get out of hand and the last few pages are completely pointless back and forth over the same things. Let's try to both keep it respectful and honestly if you have nothing new to add, please move on.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Guys seriously? This thread it starting to get out of hand and the last few pages are completely pointless back and forth over the same things. Let's try to both keep it respectful and honestly if you have nothing new to add, please move on.
    +1 This I agree with completely! This thread should be closed really because it has completely become pointless as you say back and forth saying nothing at all really...
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro556 View Post
    LOL, please name one fact I have ignored.

You are being absurd. Why would I buy an Iphone? I dont hate the Iphone, but I am a huge Android fan. I expect more from this device, so far it is letting me down. And if a week from now, there arent concrete steps taken to address them I will move on and consider the Gnex a failure from my perspective. Likely to a Rezound though, not an Iphone.

I just want the best device currently available. That is all I expect for a $300 upgrade. I would rather iron the bugs out of a near perfect device, than starting at an apparent deficit.
    This ...definitely NOT a rooter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Through all what? lol You mean Google hasn't jumped up and down because some people are not happy... come on now

You guys really just need to be happy with your phones instead of trying to convince people with other phones they should be un-happy... lol
    Throughout the entire ordeal where Verizon originally acknowledged a defect with the phone and later retracted their admission claiming there was no problem, just that the phone isn't reading the signal properly. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. We have seen this game played before (APPLE). If Google is supporting this phone and it's their "baby", why haven't they chimed in? One simple reason, liability.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    No I didn't read all your posts. I read the last few pages where I started posting. Rarely do I read an entire banter thread like this. Then it would be prudent to refrain from putting words into another posters mouth, lol. But, I do understand your point, the thread has gotten long.

Volume + does work....and has worked...and the version that I downloaded was from devs site....didn't pay....was free. It hasnt worked for me, and from reading here, many others. This is not a good sign. One cant tell if it is actually working for others and not for themselves, (which would indicate inconsistent QC, and not breed confidence). Or, if others are only claiming it helped their device because they wish to irrationally defend the product. So, it is a quandary, and it leaves one to only trust their own experience.

And you're not comprehending my posts as well. Volume level is and OBVIOUS software issue...and will be fixed. Already has for most of us. Not for the folks on the stock train. I repeat... most of us bought the phone for what it will be (and already is after rooting). And to root this puppy...and advance technology on the android forefront. It was not advertised as a phone for photography....so accept the camera. I've taken some great pictures with it. I sincerely hope you are right and it is easily remedied, because I dread the hassle of exchanging. Saying the phone was not advertised as a photog's phone is a cop out. The camera doesnt need to compete with my D90. That would be an irrational expectation. What it does need to do is be as good as other top tier devices. The camera on mine is average. It gets the job done, but it is not cutting edge. Nothing to do with MP, just in practice, I am getting mediocre results, even with more effort than I should put into it.

Are you saying megapixel difference of 3 is years behind in cellphone camera technology. This phone takes better pics than my tbolt...which isn't that old...so not sure what you are basing that on Not at all, what I am saying is the results are subpar when compared to what I expected on Googles flagship, and expensive device. I honestly couldnt care less about MP.

See text in bold above.

It should be quite obvious that I have no brand loyalty. I just want a device that performs at a high level in all regards, as that is what one should get when upgrading to a "top of the line" device. If Google convinces me they have diagnosed the issues and can correct them with an OTA, I will have a GNex for the next couple years. Otherwise, I am going to exchange it for something worth the price.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    Google (source download for android) or (Android sdk)

Google speaks to us through that. Were you expecting a psa for low volume? Lol

No, I expect Google to respond to the defect issue with the data drops that Verizon admitted was a problem.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    See text in bold above.

It should be quite obvious that I have no brand loyalty. I just want a device that performs at a high level in all regards, as that is what one should get when upgrading to a "top of the line" device. If Google convinces me they have diagnosed the issues and can correct them with an OTA, I will have a GNex for the next couple years. Otherwise, I am going to exchange it for something worth the price.
    We know!!!! You have said this 100 times now!!!! Please say it again so we can hear you...
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Through all what? lol You mean Google hasn't jumped up and down because some people are not happy... come on now

You guys really just need to be happy with your phones instead of trying to convince people with other phones they should be un-happy... lol
    +1000. Agree

9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    Premium Member
    See text in bold above.

You should exchange it now then.

10. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Just don't see this going anywhere other then downhill. For now it is going to be closed up.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Links