DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anybody else concerned about the complete lack of Google branding on the case?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    I just wish that Verizon kept their grubby hands off the Nexus, like the OG droid, which was a Pure Google Experience device. Even if the GNex has only 2 Verizon apps on it, it has been tainted IMHO.
    a little obsessive...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    HTC One - Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    I just wish that Verizon kept their grubby hands off the Nexus, like the OG droid, which was a Pure Google Experience device. Even if the GNex has only 2 Verizon apps on it, it has been tainted IMHO.
    Your signature says it all.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus i515
    Google sold out when they allowed Verizon apps on the Nexus. Apple didn't allow Verizon to taint their iPhone, though I'm sure Verizon wanted to put their cr@pware on them.
    a little obsessive...
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Not concerned one bit. It's just a cover people, and luckily it can be swapped out so we can rid the Nexus of any physical Verizon branding. As another poster mentioned, Google is the first thing you see when it boots. No trace of Verizon tampering. The two apps are minor and while technically bloatware, they're not the usual run of the mill bloatware you find on other Verizon Android phones. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you could remove both of these apps, even without root.

And to those who fear Verizon's tampering with the Nexus, relax. Testers and people who already have the Verizon Nexus in the wild have confirmed that it has remained true to its GMS counterpart sans the two Verizon apps.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    I could not care less about it myself. Once I have rooted this baby I will have the power to ensure Verizon has no control over what is and is not on my phone. It will be between myself and the Devs creating the Roms / Apps I use.
  6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Google sold out when they allowed Verizon apps on the Nexus. Apple didn't allow Verizon to taint their iPhone, though I'm sure Verizon wanted to put their cr@pware on them.
    Yeah I did find it odd that there was no Verizon apps on the iPhone 4s, but then again the ball was in Apple's court. Had Verizon not taken the 4 or 4s that definitely would've had some consequences.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i could care less. verizon probably paid them off for the middle spot. Why google didnt put their ink on anywhere else, i do not know. but its on googles page, so im not worried
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    Wait for someone to get an international G-Nex and switch battery covers. I'm not sure why this is even a concern? It's a battery cover. This changes nothing in my eyes, as long as there is no TouchWiz, an unlockable bootloader, only the two Verizon "bloatware" apps and ICS Verizon can advertise all they want. We know it's a Google phone because it's a Nexus so as long as it doesn't drop the Nexus in the name then we should all have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    Well seeing how Apple only makes the iPhone and it's a top selling smartphone Verizon had no choice in the matter. There are tons of Android phones that Verizon sells so if Google wanted Verizon to sell their phones ever then they had to come to terms, Google didn't sellout one bit. If they did you would see true bloatware like Vzw Navigator, game demos, among other useless apps. Google said yes because the two apps that will be on the G-Nex are useful Verizon apps, I use the My Verizon Wireless app to pay my bill and check minutes and data and upgrade availability so it's very useful, why others don't use it is beyond me because it's nice to just open the app rather than use the browser. Backup Assistant is the other app Google allowed Verizon to put on, again this app can be useful, it's a tool. If nobody wants these apps then you have two options, that's right, two options. One disable the app and you won't even know it's there. Or two, root and remove them completely off the phone. I can't understand why people don't grasp the concept of these options? It's a Nexus, you can make it "yours", it's as simple as that. Now stop this crying about bloatware and be happy a Nexus device is even going to be on Verizon. :endrant:
    mightybrick and datacreek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Are you joking me? The OG Droid wasn't Pure Google, it had a few Verizon apps on it as well.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links