DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Verizon Trollin' aka Waiting on the Nexus

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    Hrm, wtf is that supposed to mean lol.
    Im not sure, but i know they would probably announce a preorder in morning. So unless they are announcing something else soon i hope its nexus. i told my mom the riddle and she told me it meant everyone was suppose to get an iphone. lol.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    From past pre-orders it would have started at midnight tonight, so lets hope it starts tomorrow for some reason.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    OK, I decided to try a different approach and pose as a wife looking to purchase a phone for her husband. While it completely back fired and I got NO GNex info what so ever, I did have fun Here it is:
    Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
    You are now chatting with 'Lisa'
    Allison: Good morning Lisa
    Lisa: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    Allison: Yes, I am looking to get my husband a new phone for Christmas, but I am not the most tech savvy person
    Lisa: I'd be happy to assist you.
    Allison: Thought I'd turn to the experts for some help lol
    Lisa: Awesome!
    Lisa: Do you know if he would want a basic phone or a smart phone?
    Allison: OK, here's the little I do know - he loves Android
    Lisa: Awesome! That would be one of our smart phones.
    Allison: He HATES the current phone has, the Thunderbolt(?)
    Lisa: Oh no!
    Allison: And apparently he now hates whoever makes that phone (HTV??)
    Lisa: Yes, it is.
    Allison: I only know what little a pay attention to when he gripes to me lol
    Lisa: I understand completely!
    Allison: I also know he just recently returned the Droid Razor (I think)
    Allison: He complained about the screen looking "like crap" and terrible pictures
    Allison: So, as you can see I have an obstacle course of phones to navigate through lol
    Allison: This could be a very dangerous gift giving experience lol
    Lisa: The Bionic is a great phone!
    Allison: Is that a droid too? I hear him constantly say he misses his "original Droid" - that make any sense to you?
    Lisa: Yes, it is a Droid phone.
    Allison: Between Star Wars and phones I have no idea what Droids he's talking about anymore
    Allison: He always says his first droid had no "Verizon craps apps" ?? What ever that means
    Allison: He's always talking about the "pure android experience"? That make any sense at all to you? lol
    Lisa: I have at least 3 co-workers that have the Bionic and they all say it is absolutely the best phone they have ever had.
    Allison: Sorry, I don;t me to keep laughing, but I am surprising myself with how I can quote his rants - I guess I do pay attention after all
    Lisa: Yes, you must pay close attention!
    Allison: Oh, I also remember hearing him mention the Samsung Ice Cream Sandwich?? Is that a phone?
    Lisa: That is an operating system on some of the phones.
    Allison: I tell ya, heard him talk about gingerbread, frayo(?) and now ice cream sandwhich - can't tell is he's talking dessert or phones half the time lol
    Lisa: That is funny!
    Lisa: Those are both operating systems on the Android phones.
    Allison: Oh, I see - so ice cream sandwich is kinda like what Windows is on my home PC ...
    Lisa: yes, somewhat.
    Allison: OK, so what phone in your vast line up has it?
    Allison: I don;t think we're due for an upgrade but I am willing to but it out right just to shut him up!!
    Lisa: The Bionic has the Gingerbread and when the Ice Cream Sandwich is available, he can upgrade to it on the phone.
    Allison: Been hearing a lot of Samsung talk outta him as of late ... any Samsung ice cream phones?
    Lisa: The Ice Cream is not out yet but, it will be soon.
    Allison: AH, I see
    Allison: So, does this Samsung chatter I hear from him ring any bells to you? Do they have (or will they have) a ice cream phone?
    Allison: I just hate to get something that makes him even more angry lol
    Allison: I can't listen to any more of his rants! I need your help Lisa!!
    Lisa: The Samsung Stratosphere has the Gingerbread and he can upgrade to ice cream sandwich when it comes available.
    Allison: Is that a pretty recent phone? I know he'll want something shiny and new and cutting edge so he can feel important at work
    Allison: (oops, did I say that out loud?)
    Lisa: Yes, it came out very recently.
    Allison: Ah, perhaps this is the one his been hoping for
    Allison: Although, the more I think of it, I remember when he got the Razor it was almost as if he settled. Like the phone he REALLY wanted was not yet available
    Allison: Any Samsung phones coming do the pipe line?
    Lisa: I do not know of another coming out in the near future.
    Allison: huh.
    Allison: and what is the return policy on these phones? in the event I guess wrong
    Lisa: You will have 14 days from the time you activate it to return/exchange it.
    Allison: Hmmm ...
    Allison: Maybe I should wait
    Allison: Can I get a gift card at a local store?
    Allison: Can you buy a device with a gift card?
    Lisa: Yes, you could purchase a gift card.
    Lisa: yes, you can buy it with a gift card.
    Allison: OK, maybe I should go that route - maybe Santa will come driving an ice cream truck this year Loaded with ice cream sandwich phones lol
    Lisa: Super!
    Allison: Just to be sure I understand correctly - there are no ice cream phones available now or in the near future?
    Lisa: You have an awesome sense of humor!
    Allison: Thanks - living with my husband I have too :-/
    Lisa: No, it is not out yet but, will be soon.
    Allison:
    Lisa: It has been my pleasure to assist you today.
    Allison: OK, sorry for my stupidity, but the phone will be out soon?
    Lisa: The phones have the Gingerbread now and will be able to update to the ice cream sandwich when it is available.
    Allison: Oh yeah, sorry
    Lisa: No problem!
    Allison: Any chance of a shiny new gadget coming out before Christmas?
    Allison: I know he LOVES the latest and greatest ...
    Lisa: I do not have that information at this time.
    Allison: Man, they really don't give you a lot of ammo do they lol
    Lisa: Absolutely!
    Allison: I guess they try to keep the shiny new toys under wraps as not to spoil the surprise :P
    Allison: OK, I REALLY appreciate your time! Perhaps I will visit a local store and pick their brain.
    Allison: Maybe I can squeeze some information out of them lol
    Allison: You've been really helpful and patient with me Lisa
    Allison: and I thank you
    Lisa: You are very welcome! I have enjoyed assisting you!
    Allison: Hopefully they decide to give you more intel to deal with idiot like me in the future lol
    Allison: Hope you have a GREAT day
    Lisa: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; itís been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
    Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.

RETIRED THEMER
    (Check out my Droid 1 themes - click here)

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    I'm glad I started this thread. And everyone is going about it the right way. Thank you for actually making their days entertaining and not being jerks in the chat. I like to think they actually enjoy a little friendly trolling.
    Smartphone history: BBStorm>N1>Dinc>BBStorm>RAZR>GalaxyNEXUS
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot95 View Post
    I'm glad I started this thread. And everyone is going about it the right way. Thank you for actually making their days entertaining and not being jerks in the chat. I like to think they actually enjoy a little friendly trolling.
    Yeah, no sense being an idiot about this. I truly believe they have NO clue. They are more then likely given a very limited data base to use and that's what they go by. The ones that actually do seem to know are probably like us, trolling the web for info cause they are as excited as us about the Nexus For the others, this is just their job ...

RETIRED THEMER
    (Check out my Droid 1 themes - click here)

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    I can't find the Live Chat button today. The "Call" one is still there... but not the Live Chat. They've caught on to me!
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    I didn't have the chat button yesterday, but I will check here and a bit to see if I have it today.

On another note.... it seems like I've now read 2 or 3 reps state or confirm that you only have a 14 day waiting period... do none of them know about the Jan 15th deal that is going on right now?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    Round 2 *DING DING*

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience. You are now chatting with 'Kristen'
    Kristen: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
    You: Jeff

You: Ooops!
    Jeff: I was trying to set my name. Hello Kristen! I was looking at getting a new device in December when my upgrade is available.
    Kristen: Hello!
    Kristen: I'd be happy to assist you.
    Jeff: What do you, personally, think the best device is that is out right now, and are there any new devices coming out soon that will be better?

Jeff: I guess I should clarify, I want the best of the best! 4G, big screen, the works!

Kristen: We do not have any new releases lined up at this time but that could change at anytime. We have several different phones that I would consider the best available. The iPhone 4s would be one of them and also the new Droid Razr. Both of them are amazing phones! What all do you use your phone for?
    Jeff: I use it for music, video streaming, web browsing, email, editing files on the go. Pretty much everything. I would love one that can plug into my TV also for things such as Netflix streaming.

Jeff: I think I will avoid the iPhone until it has a bigger screen. My eyes hurt trying to focus on that tiny thing!
    Kristen: Do you use your phone often for taking pictures and videos?
    Kristen: The iPhone is also not a 4G device, it is only 3G.
    Jeff: Oh that's lame!

Jeff: Yes I take pictures and videos quite often.
    Kristen: How often do you use the phone for music?
    Jeff: I use it in my car every day. I usually plug it into my stereo and use Slacker Radio.

Kristen: I would recommend the HTC Rezound. This is a new amazing 4G device with a 4.3' screen, a 8.0 MP camera with a front facing camera for video chat, 16GB's of internal memory, access to thousands of apps, a full HTML web browser for web and e-mail, video and music streaming, speakerphone, bluetooth, an amazing music player, and it is user friendly. Have you looked at it?

Jeff: I have briefly looked at it and the RAZR in store. Both seem like great phones.

Jeff: So hard to chose just one! I wish I could have all of them haha!
    Jeff: Do you know which one of those two gets better batery life?
    Kristen: Yes it is a very hard decision because many of the new ones have the same features! The Rezound has better music features. It even comes with iBeats headset as an accessory.
    Kristen: Let me check for you.
    Jeff: Okay, thank you!

Kristen: The Droid Razr has a better battery life. It does not have a removable battery either.

Jeff: That's interesting. Bettery battery but no chance of having a spare. So many choices!

Jeff: Also, do you know the link on Verizon to sign up for Galaxy Nexus news? I thought I signed up a while ago but I haven't heard anything. I may have put my email address in wrong.

Kristen: Let me check for you. One moment.

Jeff: I heard that it will have an even bigger 4.65" screen. That's something my eyes could see! Thank you, Kristen.

Kristen: I am going to send you the link to sign up for e-mail updates. Would that be fine?

Jeff: Yes, that would be perfect!

Kristen: Click here.

Jeff: Thank you so much!

Jeff: Have I missed any important news regarding the Galaxy Nexus in the last couple weeks?

Kristen: You are most welcome. We do not have much information about the Nexus right now. I am hoping we know more soon.

Jeff: Oh man! You and me both. One of my friends has it on AT&T and he said it is an amazing phone. I hope it comes out soon. It could be a good present for Christmas... to myself!

Kristen: I am hoping so because we have many customers inquiring about it right now.

Jeff: Well I hope they don't take all of them when it comes out. I want one too . Do you know how much storage it will have?

Kristen: I am not sure. We are not able to confirm any information on it at this time unfortunately.
    Jeff: Okay, well I guess I will have to wait for this email notification. Then I have to decide between the Rezound, RAZR and Nexus. This will be a tough decision. A two-year decision!

Kristen: Yes it will be. Remember you can try them out and return it if you are not satisfied with it.

Jeff: But then there is a restocking fee . I'm not made of money LOL!

Kristen: Yes that is the unfortunate thing about returning it.

Jeff: I'll try my best to pick the right one first! Thank you for your time, Kristen! You have been very helpful and full of information.

Kristen: You are most welcome and I am glad I was able to assist you today! Would you like for me to assist you with any other questions or concerns you may have today?
    Jeff: Not today, maybe after the Nexus is announced!

Kristen: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; itís been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
    Your chat session has been ended by your Verizon Wireless online agent.

9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Troll attempt #2 - Status: Success

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Chaquala'
    Joey: Hi
    Joey: espeaky Spanish?
    Chaquala: Hi, Joey! I only speak English.
    Chaquala: Desafortunadamente no tenemos ningan representante de habla hispana. Para la informacian sobre nuevo servicio, entre en contacto con por favor nuestro departamento de los telesales en 1-800-256-4646. Para la informacian sobre servicio existente llame por favor 1-800-922-0204
    Joey: Ok me too, just checking!
    Joey: I need a little help
    Joey: I want to order a new phone
    Chaquala: How can I help you with ordering your new phone today?
    Joey: Well, I'm not too good with all this new technology and names, but I've been hearing a lot about this great new phone, the Galactic Ice Cream I think it's called?
    Chaquala: I haven't heard of that one. The latest version of the Android operating system is Ice Cream sandwich. Is that what you're referring to?
    Joey: Standby, let me use my Google-fu to confirm
    Chaquala: Okay.
    Joey: Hahah ok I'm clearly an idiot sorry. Yes, looks like that's the new version of Android, and the phone is the Galaxy Nexus. Boy did I screw that one up!
    Joey: I'm reading an article right now that says it was supposed to be available for pre-order already?
    Chaquala: No problem at all! The Galaxy Nexus is the highly anticipated phone that everyone is waiting for!
    Chaquala: Unfortunately, it hasn't been released for pre-order.
    Joey: Ok sweet. That must be the one I want too!
    Joey: That website says it will go for sale on 12/8. Is that true?
    Chaquala: We haven't actually received an upgrade date, so I'm not sure about that.
    Joey: But will Verizon be getting it?
    Chaquala: As far as we are aware, yes.
    Joey: Cool! Do you know if it will be out before xmas?
    Chaquala: No, I don't.
    Joey: Awww. I really want to give you guys my money
    Joey: So you guys have no info on a pre-order or release date?
    Chaquala: Would you be interested in the new Motorola Razr or HTC Rezound?
    Chaquala: No, there has been no information provided.
    Chaquala: Would you like a link to the page to sign up for email updates?
    Joey: Sure, thanks!
    Joey: I saw them both in stores, and I kinda like the Rezound.
    Chaquala: The Rezound is an awesome phone and it also comes with Beat headphones!
    Joey: Razr looks cool, but I'm not a fan of Motorola anymore. I have the original Droid and I have insider information that they purposely upload electrical gremlins to make their phones buggy.
    Chaquala: Oh wow.
    Joey: And the cameras are terrible!!!! Remember those old Polaroid cameras from like 1974? Where you wait like 8 minutes for the picture to develop?
    Joey: That's how I feel when I snap a pic with a Motorola phone!
    Chaquala: Lol, yes I do remember those.
    Joey: So on the Rezound, if I don't like it, can I return it?
    Chaquala: Yes, you will have 14 days to return the phone.
    Joey: Ok, so what happens, like if the phone gets scratched or nicked while I have it, and I want to return it?
    Chaquala: I'm not sure since returns are handled by a different department. I would just recommend being careful for the phone for those 14 days.
    Joey: Oh you know, I just Google'd Verizon returns and I found a website that say Verizon extended their holiday return period. The website is "Droid Life". Apparently these guys eat sleep and breath Droids. Sheesh, talk about weirdos!
    Chaquala: You are correct! Thanks for reminding me.
    Joey: Haha, anything else I can help you with today?
    Joey: Just kidding
    Chaquala: Do you currently have service with us?
    Joey: Yes, I've been with Verizon for several years now. You guys have been taking my money since I got my first paycheck.
    Joey: I used to work in a sweat shop making fake Nikes
    Chaquala: Are you interested in upgrading to the Rezound online today?
    Joey: Hmm you know it's tempting, but I really really really want this Nexus.
    Joey: It's supposed to take like 7 pictures/second!
    Joey: My Motorola Droid take like 1 pic in 7 minutes :|
    Joey: So I think I'm gonna wait it out
    Chaquala: Okay what other questions do you have for me?
    Joey: Do you think Cain slept with all those women?
    Joey: Just kidding, you don't have to answer. Unless you really want to!
    Chaquala: No, thanks.
    Joey: Ok, thanks for your help!
    Chaquala: You're welcome!
    Chaquala: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; itís been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
    Joey: You too, thanks
    Chaquala: Thanks and you're welcome, Joey! Goodbye!
    ilikemoneygreen likes this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    "Chaquala: Lol, yes I do remember those."

Chaquala (??) said "Lol". This has got to be the best one yet.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links