DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Who else has lost their excitement over the Nexus?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Not even a little and find all the hand wringing ridiculous. I would much rather them get the issues that UK users are experiencing resolved before releasing it in the US instead of selling a flawed phone.
    Seriuosly? A flawed phone? The only issue I have heard is the volume bug happening on 2G. Have you heard anything else? I am tired of people saying " I don't want a flawed phone..." like there is some perfect device out there. I have the OG. There is no way the Nexus with a bunch of flaws can be any worse. I would take minor "flaws" anyday to finally get rid of my OG. Don't get me wrong I love the OG and will frame it over my mantle as a trophy for life but I want something new and would gladly accept the G-Nex.
    Droid 1 - a.k.a "The Godfather" - a.k.a "OG" ---- Retired
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus ---- Currently employed
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarskoota View Post
    I will be getting my first Droid phone, and I have specific reasons why I want one. I held off for this long because I am picky, and not really excited about gimicky things like face unluck. Their marketing strategies don't work on me lol. As far as practical things though, it just feels like if I get the GNexus, I fear I will end up having to wait 4 months until all the bugs with ICS are worked out, and apps are working properly on ICS, and before I can really do all the stuff I want to do on it. I want full use out-of-the-box of an android if I am buying one. So I would rather have a phone that is still gingerbread and stable and mostly bug free, that will be upgrading to ICS next spring, when all the kinks are worked out. I fear getting ICS now would be like paying to beta test it for the next 3 or 4 months, while all the apps get caught up to the new OS. Yes some will update within a few days, but some wont. And then in 4 months when they roll out ICS for other phones, it will be mostly bug free thanks to GNexus's beta testing.

Also the lack of USB mass storage turned me off from the GNexus. Heck, the lack of an SD card slot had me leery from the get go. There are a few things that I just don't know if I want to forsake, to have a shiny new OS 3 months earlier.
    You sound a bit misinformed. If you settle on a Droid device you might kick yourself down the line when you realize what you're missing in a pure Google device. This is especially true if you get into rooting and romming.

And the whole lack of USB mass storage was blown way out of proportion. While the Nexus doesn't have the traditional USB mass storage that a lot of current devices have (this is because they have sd cards), it does have the ability to transfer files via MTP. You plug the phone into your computer via usb cable, just like you normally would but instead of mounting the sd card, as we do now, your computer will connect directly to whatever partition is reserved in the Nexus and you'll be able to transfer files in exactly the same manner as you would in USB mass storage mode. The interface within Windows, is virtually the same, and if you didn't know any better, you'd most likely never know.
  3. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    My OG retired earlier then i expected to i'm using a rental RAZR for now, but i want ICS and i never had a Nexus before so the choice is simple, i don't think Verizon will have another Nexus device anytime soon so GNex come on over
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I agree. While I am not as excited as I was a couple of weeks ago, I am still waiting for it. I know I've said it several times, but my OG is still very capable, which keeps me sane. As hitler said..."I'll wait" (nexus/hitler video)
    BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidGenius View Post
    Still rocking my D1 and will glady wait for this. I said it before, for me, this is the first phone I felt was worthy of replacing it.
    Could not have said it better.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Closed for staff review

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Thread reopened, keep it respectful and on topic please

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    The excitement for me is at a stand still but I haven't lost the excitement. The excitement really kicks in on the way to the Verizon store to get the G-Nex. I'm even more excited for the development community to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    You sound a bit misinformed. If you settle on a Droid device you might kick yourself down the line when you realize what you're missing in a pure Google device. This is especially true if you get into rooting and romming.

And the whole lack of USB mass storage was blown way out of proportion. While the Nexus doesn't have the traditional USB mass storage that a lot of current devices have (this is because they have sd cards), it does have the ability to transfer files via MTP. You plug the phone into your computer via usb cable, just like you normally would but instead of mounting the sd card, as we do now, your computer will connect directly to whatever partition is reserved in the Nexus and you'll be able to transfer files in exactly the same manner as you would in USB mass storage mode. The interface within Windows, is virtually the same, and if you didn't know any better, you'd most likely never know.
    from what i have read this isn't going to be your typical pure google nexus like the others were , loaded with some verizon bloatware , i picked up the razor and have no regrets and plan on keeping it for a while , i guess we shall see when its released
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jays91ls View Post
    from what i have read this isn't going to be your typical pure google nexus like the others were , loaded with some verizon bloatware , i picked up the razor and have no regrets and plan on keeping it for a while , i guess we shall see when its released
    The two apps Verizon used are useful(at least one is) My Verizon Wireless app to check/pay bills and other useful features to manage your account and Backup Assistant, it's not like they threw a bunch of game demos on the G-Nex. I understand that some people use it and others don't and don't want it forced down their throats but(and it's a big one) it's only two apps unlike any other phones on Verizon and once rooted there are only two apps to remove for it to be a pure Google experience. I don't know what it is with everyone, the G-Nex has two, yes two apps(that many would find useful) that Verizon snuck onto the G-Nex so you go out and buy a Razr or Rezound(or any other phone from Verizon) that are loaded with bloatware? The logic just doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links