DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How would you manage your 16gb?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Sad part is, if the 16gb is true, you are going to be totally dependent on an internet connection. Say what you want but that just blows. Not to mention anyone on a tiered plan that's not even an option. Hell I usually have a gig worth of roms on card for when I feel like a new phone. Test driving the Rezound and if I like it, that's going to be my new phone. I just want the speculation and rumors to end so I can make up my mind already lol.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Well I was trying to hold out, but I couldn't justify the wait considering the good reviews the Rezound got. Plus I was able to play with it already in store.

I am now happy i got the Rezound, especially if I new hear old 16 gigs of memory. Even my Droid 1 had more. I understand there is the google cloud, but people shouldn't be forced into it by google limiting memory. Pretty sad considering the cost of a decent 16-32 gig card these days. As long as I can keep my Rezound from wasting away on its battery too quick, I'll know I made the right decision.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah I feel you...I almost feel bad saying it but I'm considering going with a 4s. A lot of friends and family have them, so FaceTime / iMessage would be handy, iTunes integration for music would be nice, and my girlfriends iPhone 4 is very smooth and the apps mostly seem much nicer than android. But man would I miss playing with custom ROMs and all the other customization android offers! Such tough decisions for a phone lol, feel so geeky
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    screaminz2002
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmkdroid View Post
    Yeah I feel you...I almost feel bad saying it but I'm considering going with a 4s. A lot of friends and family have them, so FaceTime / iMessage would be handy, iTunes integration for music would be nice, and my girlfriends iPhone 4 is very smooth and the apps mostly seem much nicer than android. But man would I miss playing with custom ROMs and all the other customization android offers! Such tough decisions for a phone lol, feel so geeky
    That's not a bad option either. Flash was a major selling point for the android and now that its gone.. More of a level playing field for my choices. 16gb only and they can keep it. There is going to be a lot of people complaining about no space next year. I hate to have to go with HTC but options are limited. Rezound or iPhone. Great season? Sad choices for me...

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    I can manage the 16gb and probably will but it's going to drive me away from this phone I know it. I live in NE PA there's very little 4g but decent 3g. A lot of valleys and buildings here where service sucks or is non existent and that's why I am so against cloud only storage. Clouds are awesome for backup just not for primary storage. I'll be using zumocast more than any cloud service.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by screaminz2002 View Post
    That's not a bad option either. Flash was a major selling point for the android and now that its gone.. More of a level playing field for my choices. 16gb only and they can keep it. There is going to be a lot of people complaining about no space next year. I hate to have to go with HTC but options are limited. Rezound or iPhone. Great season? Sad choices for me...

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
    Yeah, I'd consider the rezound, but after playing with some phones with HTC's Sense, I'm not a big fan, nor do I like the looks of the rezound, but I'll definitely go get some hands on in-store to try it out. Regarding flash, I don't think I've ever really even tried to use it on my current droid, but even if I did it probably would have been painfully slow.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    screaminz2002
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    From house with a couple ipad2's I can tell you my phone uses flash a lot. You don't notice it until its gone.

I am still holding out Google/Samsung isn't dumb enough to let them do a 16gb phone only. If they do I may just buy it to use as a tether for a ftp site..
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    For a moment i was a bit disheartened to hear it's only going to be 16 gigs. Then i realized i barely use 3 gigs of space on my droid x. so 16 gigs should be enough for me. i just dont like that i dont even hve the option to upgrade the memory.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm still not sold on them only having the 16gb version, as we know they made them with 32gb because multiple people were testing them.

But, if it is only 16gb, I'm not worried. I don't keep but maybe a couple hundred songs on my Droid and pictures are the only other thing on there, so personally it won't affect me.

I do understand many users use their phone as their music player, I just don't because the only time I use a lot of music is when I'm running and I never run with my phone, always run with the *touch =x
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by bmkdroid View Post
    That's kind of frustrating to hear as I've been sitting on a relatively weak music collection but planned to make quite a few purchases when I get a new phone to have a wide variety for all the driving I do lately (so don't want to rely on streaming) so having only 16gb for music AND all the other stuff on the phone would be tight.
    You could fairly easily get about 2500 songs on 14 GB, leaving you a couple to spare for the other stuff. Maybe I am traveling light (I have no music on my RAZR), but I'm only using 2 GBs and I have 87 programs, a few pictures, a few wallpapers, and a ringtone or two. 16 GB is a lot for a phone IMO.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links