DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: For those wanting this gem, whos og is limping?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx & Droid Bionic
    Well, my OG limps a little, but I can still use it quite well. If the GNex has an epic fail on Verizon of only 16gb then I'm buying a Droid Bionic off contract. I'll be damned if I get locked into a contract with Verizon, after this Verizon/Samsung/Google screw up of a release.
    Phone 1:
    Rooted OG Droid; Stock Froyo 2.2.3 (Retired)
    Phone 2:
    Droid Bionic, ICS 4.0.4, Ver. 6.7.246
    Phone 3:
    Rooted Droid Razr Maxx, JB 4.1.2 Ver. 98.72.16
    Running Stock with AdAway, Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    the problem with the OG is with every app update they seem to become more resource intensive, so every time they update the phone seems to be slowing down more and more. The OG just isn't capable of keeping up with the rapid changing technology. Maybe rooting and certain roms help but no matter what rom I run now I can only install a third of the apps I used to have.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    droseum20
    Phone
    OG Droid, Droid Inc, G-Nexus
    the only problem i have with custom roms such as CM7 or any other Gingerbread ROM is the speed and battery life. This phone clearly wasn't made to run the Gingerbread update and I found myself going back to stock rom for a while. currently im on an old build of Droid Concepts and it actually runs quite quickly and my battery will last me through the day. my upgrade is the 29th and i REALLY want the Nexus. I dont really care about the 16 GB or the flash support. The fact of having no USB Mass Storage kind of bothers me, but I can get over it. The phone itself is ready to be released (yes, with LTE bands), but Verizon is just waiting for their precious RAZR or Rezound to sell with Verizon's usual bloatware. I've been waiting for a pure Google phone to come on Verizon's network for a long time, and now that its here I cant say Im exactly happy. The hardware is just average, and ICS is still a little buggy. The good part about it is with new updates it will most likely be improved. the specs however, will not. I am looking forward to this phone, but I still will be sad to put the OG away even with the slow speeds.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    I like android but if the iphone5 was out instead of 4s, I'd jump ship long ago. This has to be the worst marketing PR I've ever experienced. Announce a device and release date at the same time. Google can't be any worse at this. Its no wonder apple gets all the hype and fans.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    What does this post have to do with anything?

Lol the iPhone doesn't get all the attention. Check phone review websites.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    D1
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    What does this post have to do with anything?

Lol the iPhone doesn't get all the attention. Check phone review websites.
    rite! if the iphone 7 was hitting i may be inclined to dump my og.
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus 7
    Xoom

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think the digitizer on my OG is going. A lot of times it won't let me answer phone calls.

I just took it back to stock, hopefully that helps but it's time for a new phone.

My wife just broke her OG and I got her a Craig's list Bionic. I could use my update and get a Razr or Rezound and use her update in Feb for whatever is new at the time. But I have a feeling it'll be a lot of locked ICS phones with skins so I'd get get the Nexus anyway.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    ugh, I don't know if mine will last ... it's bad
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I loved my og droid till dropped it and the touch screen went wacky, if I would have never dropped it, I would still be happily rocking the og droid and still being a flash aholic, best and favorite phone ever, now stuck with DROID2 global, good phone but not so hacker friendly, go bye og droid, gonna miss the freedom that you had

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    wow are all your og droids really that horrific? i dont dread using my phone..it does have its episodes where it freaks out and force closes stuff but usually a restart fixes it. my battery lasts the day, and thats all i need. im running chevyno1 SS 5.5. if your really having troubles and are not running a custom rom, i would definitely recommend it. but i am definitely excited about the gnexus. i am ready for a change.. hopefully it lauches soon!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My og is limping. I don't think its so much the hardware but moreso the apps that get heavier and use more resources. The phone is having a hard time multitasking the same apps it did a couple years ago. That being said, every day is a struggle with freeze ups trying to use sportstracker with a Bluetooth hrm/gps and play music with poweramp simultaneously.

The biggest annoyance is when the phone rings and I can't answer it time to time. The screen locks up while the ringer keeps going.

Off topic but annoying is the fact that LTE just got turned up here last week and still waiting for what seems to be a theoretical device announcement.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by phishn; 11-19-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links