DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Galaxy Nexus 3 Buttons question

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Galaxy Nexus 3 Buttons question

What will the three buttons on the bottom of the screen be. The usual android phone from what i have observed at least always had 4 buttons. a back, menu, home, search (i have a droid 1 so its the d1 order. the order i know has changed for other phones). Will the galaxy nexus change the function of any of the buttons or just completely get rid of a button. My thought is that a big "bye bye" and a "get lost" will be sent to the search button, which in 2 years of my d1 i have never had/felt the urge to use. Anybody know what the plan for the three buttons are?

and one more question. the galaxy nexus screen includes the three buttons on it. if an application is run that does not use the buttons, is it possible that it uses the button space to get a bigger screen? im guessing yes but it depends on how its coded i guess.
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    The 3 buttons are still essentially the same as 3 of the 4 buttons on an everyday android based phone... starting from the left, a "back" button. The center, which is the "home" button. And finally, the right, which will be the "menu" button.... The search function, based on what I have saw in the screenshots and video, will be baked straight into the 4.0 OS. That, however, has not been confirmed as of yet based on my observation. We will just have to wait and see.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    It's been alluded that certain apps will use the entire screen (i.e. Netflix, games, etc.). I'm ready for tomorrow night's reveal. Hopefully Google doesn't disappoint.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    It's been alluded that certain apps will use the entire screen (i.e. Netflix, games, etc.). I'm ready for tomorrow night's reveal. Hopefully Google doesn't disappoint.
    Tonight's reveal? Did I miss something over the long weekend? I thought it was the morning of the 19th in Hong Kong/Evening of the 18th here....
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    Tonight's reveal? Did I miss something over the long weekend? I thought it was the morning of the 19th in Hong Kong/Evening of the 18th here....
    Which is tomorrow...today is the 17th???
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    Which is tomorrow...today is the 17th???
    WOW... I swear I read that you said "Tonight's Reveal"... I even reread it. I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the bug I had this weekend, as you probably read about over in the RM.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    N1>Dinc>RAZR>NEXUS
    Tomorrow is a big day with Moto getting in the mix at 12EST also. Now if only HTC would bring out their option tomorrow as well.
    Smartphone history: BBStorm>N1>Dinc>BBStorm>RAZR>GalaxyNEXUS
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    thanks for the help guys
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.

Links