DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Removing apps

  1. Banned
    Mwsr's Avatar
    Member #
    129012
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    fascinate
    #1

    Removing apps

    Is there a way to uninstall and completely remove apps such as city id and others ill never use that came loaded on the phone?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  2. Junior Droid
    kadaj21's Avatar
    Member #
    127951
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    #2
    I'm not sure how to, but rooting your phone will allow it.
    I heard titanium backup has an option to at least remove it from the drawer, and by just rooting I've heard you can delete the apk or rename them.

    I know launcherpro has an option to also hide apps in the app drawer. Can't remember if its in the free version or not (I've got paid).
  3. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #3
    Once you've rooted, you have a couple options. The easiest is to download an app called Root Explorer, and simply rename the apps you dont want in the /system/app folder from appname.apk to appname.apk.bak. This will effectively uninstall them from your phone, and allow you to restore them easily if you chose to do so.
  4. Master Droid
    bomber889's Avatar
    Member #
    48503
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    864
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #4
    you have to be rooted to remove system apps
  5. Master Droid
    boostedhonda's Avatar
    Member #
    117760
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    740
    Posts
    259
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kadaj21 View Post
    I know launcherpro has an option to also hide apps in the app drawer. Can't remember if its in the free version or not (I've got paid).
    Launcherpro free will do this

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Fascinate
    Gingerbread
    1.2Ghz Kernel
  6. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LtKen View Post
    Once you've rooted, you have a couple options. The easiest is to download an app called Root Explorer, and simply rename the apps you dont want in the /system/app folder from appname.apk to appname.apk.bak. This will effectively uninstall them from your phone, and allow you to restore them easily if you chose to do so.


    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

    I've never thought of that!! To the OP, only administrators can remove included applications. This is why rooting is the only way to do so, because Super User signs in as an administrator. Rooting is WELL worth it if you do it correctly though!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  7. Banned
    Mwsr's Avatar
    Member #
    129012
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    fascinate
    #7
    I might just try that app to hide them. The rooting and all that sounds a little to complicated for me and I don't want to mess anything up lol

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  8. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwsr View Post
    I might just try that app to hide them. The rooting and all that sounds a little to complicated for me and I don't want to mess anything up lol

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Yeah, I understand what you mean..when I decided to root mine, I knew NOTHING about how to do it but, the guides and the support here walked me through every single step and I've never had an issue since! Should you decide to give it a whirl, we're here to help!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  9. Banned
    Mwsr's Avatar
    Member #
    129012
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    fascinate
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwsr View Post
    I might just try that app to hide them. The rooting and all that sounds a little to complicated for me and I don't want to mess anything up lol

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
    Yeah, I understand what you mean..when I decided to root mine, I knew NOTHING about how to do it but, the guides and the support here walked me through every single step and I've never had an issue since! Should you decide to give it a whirl, we're here to help!

    Thanks... what are the benefits of rooting? Any downside? I know nothing about it really


    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Stock android apps instead of HTC replacement apps
    By jimmiem in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 08:33 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
  4. Google Apps Users Buying MarketPlace Apps
    By Gunghoray in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM
  5. Home replacement apps and 2.1 apps kill my phone?
    By VIRominoff in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Search tags for this page

deleting books app off samsung replenish
,
how do i delete apps on replenish
,

how to delete apps from samsung replenish

,

how to delete apps on samsung replenish

,
how to delete preloaded apps on a samsung replenish
,

how to hide apps on samsung fascinate

,

how to remove apps from samsung replenish

,
samsung fascinate remove apps
,
samsung replenish delete apps
,
sch-i500 remove apps
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+