DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Verizon has yielded! Google Voice Search now included on new Fascinates!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Verizon has yielded! Google Voice Search now included on new Fascinates!

I purchased a Samsung Fascinate and had loved the phone, hacked, rooted and debinged it. I traded it in for the droid x and was woefully disappointed. It seems all the Philablur changes were for changes sake, so I went back to the fascinate, and low and behold I noticed it had a different looking power cord, making me believe there was a change to the fascinate. Then, I was looking through the phone and saw that Google Voice Search is now preinstalled on the phone! Bing is still the default for everything, but Voice Search is pre-installed by google and is a homescreen icon away. I recorded a video if you would liketo see it. I don't know how to attach it to this post.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamar234 View Post
    I purchased a Samsung Fascinate and had loved the phone, hacked, rooted and debinged it. I traded it in for the droid x and was woefully disappointed. It seems all the Philablur changes were for changes sake, so I went back to the fascinate, and low and behold I noticed it had a different looking power cord, making me believe there was a change to the fascinate. Then, I was looking through the phone and saw that Google Voice Search is now preinstalled on the phone! Bing is still the default for everything, but Voice Search is pre-installed by google and is a homescreen icon away. I recorded a video if you would liketo see it. I don't know how to attach it to this post.
    upload it to youtube and post a link
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I recorded the video on my gf's iPhone and it's on her Mac. I can upload it Sunday. I took some screenshots of the embedded Voice Search app next to the enhanced Voice Search app that we all have been using so you can see the difference. You can't install over it. Notice that the embedded Voice Search is shown as not taking up any space and is uninstallable. It comes straight from Verizon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon has yielded! Google Voice Search now included on new Fascinates!-20101007174851.png   Verizon has yielded! Google Voice Search now included on new Fascinates!-20101007175128.png   Verizon has yielded! Google Voice Search now included on new Fascinates!-20101007175210.png  

Links