DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Samsung Fascinate will be the New Droid in this Droid Forums members Opinion

1. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

The Samsung Fascinate will be the New Droid in this Droid Forums members Opinion

As The Samsung Fascinate is easy to root / Overclocked as I have done some research & other Samsung phones have been overclocked to 1.6ghz as its sister phones on other networks have a 1ghz Processor as the Samsung Fascinate so i am guessing that this one can be overclocked as high as 1.6 ghz as well this is huge beats the droid overclock by 2 folds
    WoZzY

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    I am all in! This phone is great right out of the box, and has mucho potential!
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Polymira
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl View Post
    Yeah ... the phone comes with bing search and no google search...

Awesome out of the box, lol =p

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymira View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl View Post
    Yeah ... the phone comes with bing search and no google search...

Awesome out of the box, lol =p

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    BFD. It's a non issue for me, as well as most others. If a search widget is all you can complain about on the phone; you're being nit-picky.
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl
    BFD. It's a non issue for me, as well as most others. If a search widget is all you can complain about on the phone; you're being nit-picky.
    The SAMOLED is entirely oversaturated, and a bit wonky in the blue-green spectrum? Just playin, I'd never use one, but my sister is really looking forward to trading in her D2 within her 30 days for one of these bad boys. And I'm looking forward to wiping every trace of Bing from it, hopefully via a vanilla rom. (she hates touchwiz more than blur, but loves the screen... crazy...)

Quote Originally Posted by WoZzY View Post
    1.6 ghz as well this is huge beats the droid
    overclock by 2 folds
    My old D1 is running at 1.3Ghz... Don't know how you're defining "2 folds"...
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    We get it, you love your Droid, it is still the bestest best phone on the market, even better than brand new phones.

You've had your fun for 10 months, now let us have some fun!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    LOL, not what I was saying at all. Ditched the droid for daily use long ago, currently rockin' a DX. Is that the bestest best phone? No, probably not. But it's the bestest best for me. I brought forward a real point of contention, as the search widget thing was being nit-picky. Which it is, and fixable with root. Now, does the poor color representation of the screen affect everyone? Nope, just image quality nerds like me, it's a curse and I'm still waiting for the blessing part to kick in. And pointing out the the last bit of the OP was misinformed.

As I said, I'm going to have one of these in the family soon too. And I can't wait to play with it. It's exciting to play with a new toy, and I'm sure my sister will love it. She likes the screen, just hates touchwiz. I'll introduce her to the joys of launcherpro, and it'll be good.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I agree with the OP. The Fascinate has a phenomenal SoC in the 1 Ghz Hummingbird as well as GPU. It is easily rooted and the bootloader is not locked down. Custom kernels and ROMs will be pouring out for these soon. Unless HTC or Moto drops a bomb by years end on VZW that is just as easily manipulated as the Droid or Fascinate this phone will be a modders delight.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    [quote=tobytl;811511]
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl
    The SAMOLED is entirely oversaturated, and a bit wonky in the blue-green spectrum? Just playin, I'd never use one, but my sister is really looking forward to trading in her D2 within her 30 days for one of these bad boys. And I'm looking forward to wiping every trace of Bing from it, hopefully via a vanilla rom. (she hates touchwiz more than blur, but loves the screen... crazy...)

Quote Originally Posted by WoZzY View Post
    1.6 ghz as well this is huge beats the droid
    overclock by 2 folds
    Word is that touchwiz is easily removable without rooting. Bing will need to wait for root, but there is already a workaround to use Google by pasting a google link icon right beside the Bing one.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Can't you just hide Bing in the App drawer and down load Google Search and Navigation from the market?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links