DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I Love My Fascinate!!

  1. tallnerd1985's Avatar
    Member #
    22181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #1

    I Love My Fascinate!!

    Since the Droid came, its been the best Android phone I've own besides my Vogue Android phone back in the day. Easily rootable and a lot features to boot with all the ports from the Nexus 1 and the leaked upgrades.

    Now that I got my demo model of the Fascinate, it totally blows the Droids out of water in terms of smoothness and not being loaded down with bloatware. The custom UI is fast and functional and almost just as good as Sense UI only because the Gala S interface is a little too much alike the iPhone interface in someways.

    The only downside that might raise some eyebrows is that the Quadrant scores are behind the Nexus, Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible but it blows thru the graphics portion 5 times faster than any other phone but the CPU side is what brought down the score. For me, processing is not a big deal but GPU speeds are needed with some of the more advance 3D apps on the market.
  2. Senior Droid
    n0yxl's Avatar
    Member #
    46360
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    n0yxl
    Phone
    Samsung G'nex (Toro)
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tallnerd1985 View Post
    Since the Droid came, its been the best Android phone I've own besides my Vogue Android phone back in the day. Easily rootable and a lot features to boot with all the ports from the Nexus 1 and the leaked upgrades.

    Now that I got my demo model of the Fascinate, it totally blows the Droids out of water in terms of smoothness and not being loaded down with bloatware. The custom UI is fast and functional and almost just as good as Sense UI only because the Gala S interface is a little too much alike the iPhone interface in someways.

    The only downside that might raise some eyebrows is that the Quadrant scores are behind the Nexus, Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible but it blows thru the graphics portion 5 times faster than any other phone but the CPU side is what brought down the score. For me, processing is not a big deal but GPU speeds are needed with some of the more advance 3D apps on the market.
    TPIWWP.

    If you in fact have a Fascinate; you'd be able to see that it's running 2.1 -until the update to 2.2 at end of month. Quadrant scores will only mean more to us at that time ;-)
    My recreational drug of choice is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro)
  3. Droid
    wonsae's Avatar
    Member #
    61819
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tallnerd1985 View Post
    The only downside that might raise some eyebrows is that the Quadrant scores are behind the Nexus, Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible but it blows thru the graphics portion 5 times faster than any other phone but the CPU side is what brought down the score. For me, processing is not a big deal but GPU speeds are needed with some of the more advance 3D apps on the market.
    Actually it's the i/o test bringing it down as you see from this article

    What is the fastest Android phone? – Android and Me

    or if you do have quadrant pro you can check it out yourself.
  4. tallnerd1985's Avatar
    Member #
    22181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    70
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by n0yxl View Post

    TPIWWP.

    If you in fact have a Fascinate; you'd be able to see that it's running 2.1 -until the update to 2.2 at end of month. Quadrant scores will only mean more to us at that time ;-)
    Sorry, I meant my comment at some people that are not too tech savy and dont look at differences besides the scores. I remember when I put 2.2 on my D1 about how amazed I was at the difference in Quadrant scores and Linpack that I was able to be on par with the N1.

    I havent had a chance to investigate but wasnt there someone that found a 2.2 build for the Galaxy S on one of the other carriers??
  5. Master Droid
    Googleaddict's Avatar
    Member #
    11451
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver Colorado
    Posts
    599
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid, Droid X
    #5
    There's a lag fix for the Galaxy S phones. When a guy did quadrant on it they got a score twice as good as the nexus one on 2.2, and the galaxy s was still on 2.1
  6. Junior Droid
    droid droid droid's Avatar
    Member #
    24514
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Googleaddict View Post
    There's a lag fix for the Galaxy S phones. When a guy did quadrant on it they got a score twice as good as the nexus one on 2.2, and the galaxy s was still on 2.1
    Where can we get/apply this lag fix?
  7. Senior Droid
    tobytl's Avatar
    Member #
    50646
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    103
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    I think this is what you're looking for... [APP] One Click Lag Fix APK - xda-developers

    I haven't tested this with a fascinate, as I don't have one to play with yet. But it should work....in theory....
  8. Master Droid
    mrdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    16186
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    511
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #8
    If the store next to my office has one in stock I might pick one up today. The X is just too big for me.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    -Matt

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Will the Fascinate becoming a Droid?
    By danDroid in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM
  2. First Look at Verizon's Fascinate
    By danDroid in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
  3. love my droid.. want to love it more!
    By nichols00 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE one problem here
    By sterdroids in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
  5. Love the phone love the site one ? hooking up usb cable to phone to compy
    By Delirious17 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Search tags for this page

fascinate custom ui
,
fascinate one click lagfix
,
fascinate quadrant
,
how to solve keyboard lag problem on samsung fascinate
,
i love my fascinate
,
lag in the samsung fascinate
,

one click lag fix fascinate

,
samsung facinate lag
,
samsung fascinate browser lag
,

samsung fascinate lag

,
samsung fascinate lag background
,
samsung fascinate lagging
,
samsung fascinate lags
,
samsung fascinate no lag
,
what is a good quadrent score for samsung fascinate
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+