DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jamjr74

Thread: on my third s3

  1. Senior Droid
    roach's Avatar
    Member #
    47091
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID_RAZR MAXX_HD
    #1

    on my third s3

    My wife is on her 3rd Samsung S_III,every time she gets it back she has very bad connection problems no matter where she is,on the highway in the house everywhere.We don't live in the country we live in Fort Lauderdale where there is Verizion towers at every turn.
    Has this been an issue with this phone,I don't have any problems with my Droid Razr Maxx but I want to get the Samsung Note II and now have second thoughts.
    THANK'S
    Sent From My Droid_Razr_Maxx_HD
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Developer
    Miller6386's Avatar
    Member #
    230959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Posts
    519
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2

    Re: on my third s3

    Have you had vzw replace the SIM card? The s3 has a little weaker radio in it but should be okay if you live in a popular area.

    Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  4. Senior Droid
    roach's Avatar
    Member #
    47091
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID_RAZR MAXX_HD
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Have you had vzw replace the SIM card? The s3 has a little weaker radio in it but should be okay if you live in a popular area.

    Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
    i did not no the sim card had anything to do with connection problems,they told me use the same one in the old phone.She is going to give it a few days and try this phone out she got tonight.
    Thank's
    Sent From My Droid_Razr_Maxx_HD
  5. Developer
    Miller6386's Avatar
    Member #
    230959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Posts
    519
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #4

    Re: on my third s3

    Quote Originally Posted by roach View Post
    i did not no the sim card had anything to do with connection problems,they told me use the same one in the old phone.She is going to give it a few days and try this phone out she got tonight.
    Thank's
    Typically it's for data only but I have seen stranger things from Verizon SIM cards lately.

    Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  6. Master Droid
    jamjr74's Avatar
    Member #
    53486
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    #5

    Re: on my third s3

    Got my s3 on release day And have had no issues.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    roach likes this.
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Senior Droid
    roach's Avatar
    Member #
    47091
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID_RAZR MAXX_HD
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjr74 View Post
    Got my s3 on release day And have had no issues.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got the phone back it is still the same, it breaks up bad outside and in the home forgot about it can't even hear the other person. What options do I have now.
    This will be the fourth one I will be sending back ,I have five smart phones with verizion can I break my contract with them is there any loop holes,I am going to read the contract again.Slow.
    Sent From My Droid_Razr_Maxx_HD
  8. Developer
    Miller6386's Avatar
    Member #
    230959
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Posts
    519
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #7

    Re: on my third s3

    Quote Originally Posted by roach View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got the phone back it is still the same, it breaks up bad outside and in the home forgot about it can't even hear the other person. What options do I have now.
    This will be the fourth one I will be sending back ,I have five smart phones with verizion can I break my contract with them is there any loop holes,I am going to read the contract again.Slow.
    S3 has weak radios so if you are in a weak area you might struggle a little.

    Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  9. Master Droid
    jamjr74's Avatar
    Member #
    53486
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    542
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    #8

    Re: on my third s3

    Quote Originally Posted by roach View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got the phone back it is still the same, it breaks up bad outside and in the home forgot about it can't even hear the other person. What options do I have now.
    This will be the fourth one I will be sending back ,I have five smart phones with verizion can I break my contract with them is there any loop holes,I am going to read the contract again.Slow.
    Call Verizon and demand a different device! Samsung is known for weaker radios although mine works great you may be in a tuff area. They should swap for a different phone. Maybe a maxx HD or something. Good luck!

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Senior Droid
    roach's Avatar
    Member #
    47091
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    So. Florida
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID_RAZR MAXX_HD
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjr74 View Post
    Call Verizon and demand a different device! Samsung is known for weaker radios although mine works great you may be in a tuff area. They should swap for a different phone. Maybe a maxx HD or something. Good luck!

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    that will work didn't think of that.
    thanks
    Sent From My Droid_Razr_Maxx_HD
  11. Droid Newbie
    akbkstar's Avatar
    Member #
    349959
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    yeah,The s3 has a little weaker radio in it but should be okay if you live in a popular area. thanks

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy s3 d2vzw unity

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+