DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fascinate Issues? Do people have the same issues that I do?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Fascinate Issues? Do people have the same issues that I do?

When I first got my Fascinate it seemed pretty good, but there was some obvious issues. So I rooted it. I have tried many different roms, kernel, radio combinations. Keep in mind that I am not new to root. This is the third device that I have rooted. I am still having some issues and I feel as if it is the phone itself.

Problems that I have been experiencing:
    -Freezing (not app specific, have to pull battery to restart)
    -GPS sucks. Often doesn't work at all. Need to toggle GPS on and off a bunch of times to get it to work
    -Lag when trying to run something memory intensive like Launcher pro with animations. Keep in mind I am running voodoo.
    -Reboots and or sleep of death. Doesn't matter which rom or kernel I am running.

My question is. Are these problems common with other Fascinates? I am pretty sure they are but want others opinions. Thank you.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung SCH I500 fascinatefasc
    I have had 2 fascinates (the first one got stolen) and although at some point i have experienced most of what you mentioned, i can assure you it is not normal in my experience.
    I am currently on custom rom and kernel and my phone is very close to perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    So really my answer would be, are they common problems? Yes. Normal? No. In my opinion there are so many different variations, and methods on how you can go about to install roms etc, and not only that maybe you have corrupted data or even apps that can cause a lot of weird stuff.

Just recently I was having issues , and I thought problem was the rom or whatever, and it turned out that the problem lay in my data somewhere. I have titanium backup and backup pro to restore my apps and data, well i discovered after multiple factory resets that I had to manually restore some of my apps and didn't restore ANY of my data, and bingo that did the trick. No problems.
    Now I realize this is just one of the very many different ways problems could come from. I think if someone really knows what there doing that they could fix issues 80, 90, maybe even 99% of the time.

4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks. I do restore just data from titanium backup. I don't restore apps from Tibu, but I download them from the market then restore data from Tibu. Maybe there is some corrupted data somewhere. I'll go through my apps and see if I can eliminate the problem. Maybe i'll do a clean install of a rom and add apps one by one and see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks again.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    The only problem i have that is killing me is the video recorder on the stock camera. I get a "recording failed" message, sometimes 5 seconds, 20 seconds, or a minute into recording a video. I'm not rooted and it has been like this pre-Froyo.

6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I do have problems with the camera freezing and video failing to record sometimes too.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Also while your at it don't let Google automatically restore any data or apps, it does for me sometimes.
    First thing you wanna do before restoring ANYTHING (also make sure nothing has restored automatically) is go through your phone and mess around with the settings and the apps that came with the rom and see if you have any problems. Then reboot and check again if there are no problems.
    Now set up your Google account and download an app. Play with it and set it up, still good? Next download an app that was force closing or gave you trouble before and check it out. Good luck :-)

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good idea. I just wiped and am going to install EF fresh.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    My phone couldnt detect my sd card for a good ten minutes. I was web browsing then it said the music i was listening to ( which i have had for months) couldnt be supported. When i tried opening player pro, i got a black screen and couldnt exit. So many issues, even my clock widget is beautiful widgets when i turn on my phone but i uninstalled it months ago

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I just want a SGSII or a replacement phone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links