DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling

1. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member

Handling

I was at a Verizon store the other day and I was checking out some android phones...

Wow the fascinate really feels smooth in the hands... it was a shell model, is it really this smooth and light in your hand?
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    Yes it feels slim and light in ur hands

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Yep. It's a gorgeous phone. Love it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    What's a Twitter?
    Phone
    Samsung SCH-I500
    I suggest a cover to add grip and some bulk so it fits more securely in your hand. It's easier for me. Also, in my personal opinion, do not spend ANY MONEY on screen protectors. For one, they take away the beauty of the screen. Two, some really prevent the ease of using swype by creating friction. And three, this glass is super strong and durable, and it's quick and easy to wipe away smudges when you want to show people the phone and how clear the screen is.

"When in doubt, format SD card"
    This part changes way too often to constantly be changing it.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jborch8 View Post
    I suggest a cover to add grip and some bulk so it fits more securely in your hand. It's easier for me. Also, in my personal opinion, do not spend ANY MONEY on screen protectors. For one, they take away the beauty of the screen. Two, some really prevent the ease of using swype by creating friction. And three, this glass is super strong and durable, and it's quick and easy to wipe away smudges when you want to show people the phone and how clear the screen is.

I disagree. I HIGHLY recommend the REAL LOOK protectors. You get a pack of 2 for $10.95 from Amazon. THEY are amazing. Tricky to put on but so very worth. Nearly like glass once on and I rest easy knowing my screen is protected. Go read reviews..love them! FYI we put one on my Fascinate a couple of months ago - no signs of wear yet. I have the spare.

I also use the Fishbone (?) case. It's slim and nice on the hands.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    I also disagree. Having a screen protector gives me a sense of security that I won't get and dings on the screen. I personally recommend the mirrored screen protector. My phone serves two purposes.

8. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    What's a Twitter?
    Phone
    Samsung SCH-I500
    of course it protects, but the majority of the screen protectors hide the brilliance this screen gives. And also, from personal experience, the $15+ screen protectors just make it difficult to glide your finger across the screen. They also collect more oil from your hands, hindering the look of the screen. I've had the phone for about 10 months, maybe more, it's been in my pockets, dropped, taken to camp fires and dropped, sliding around on the dash of my car...no dings or scratches. I'm pretty damn clumsy with this phone, especially after drinking, and it easily survives a beating!

"When in doubt, odin."
    This part changes way too often to constantly be changing it.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    soulshot96
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS LTE
    I don't recomend any screen protectors. I've had this phone for 8 1/2 months and I have no scratches even though it stays in my pocket Every day. Screen protectors take away from the screen, BIG TIME.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by soulshot96 View Post
    I don't recomend any screen protectors. I've had this phone for 8 1/2 months and I have no scratches even though it stays in my pocket Every day. Screen protectors take away from the screen, BIG TIME.

I sincerely doubt this. If it's in your pocket, it's getting scuffed. Sorry - it's just physics.

I've seen what these phones look like after 'pocket abuse', after only a few weeks firsthand. It isn't pretty.

Friction = wear.

I use no protectors either - but I use a holster, and Meguiar's 2.0 tech wax once/month. My screen is in brand new condition after 4+ months.

11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaht View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jborch8 View Post

I disagree. I HIGHLY recommend the REAL LOOK protectors. You get a pack of 2 for $10.95 from Amazon. THEY are amazing. Tricky to put on but so very worth. Nearly like glass once on and I rest easy knowing my screen is protected. Go read reviews..love them! FYI we put one on my Fascinate a couple of months ago - no signs of wear yet. I have the spare.

I also use the Fishbone (?) case. It's slim and nice on the hands.
    The Real Look protectors are the best - bar none. I don't use them on this phone, but I had one on my LG.

Simply awesome clarity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links