DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Flash back to 2.1?

  1. Junior Droid
    qwiktune's Avatar
    Member #
    41816
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #1

    Flash back to 2.1?

    Can someone lead me to the files and walk through I need to flash my Fascinate back to 2.1 from the Froyo update. I'm not sure what files or Odin i need to do this. I'm having an issue with my 3G disappearing and dropping since going to the OTA froyo and never had problems with it on 2.1 so i'm trying to go back to stock unrooted 2.1, maybe even try to goto Froyo again [maybe something got corrupted or something]. Before i got about getting a new one, i'd like to see if I can flash back to 2.1 and get it working again.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    hoppermi's Avatar
    Member #
    102063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    837
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    #2
    To get back to 2.1 you have to use odin. Apply the DL09 odin file from this thread [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers and you will be back to 2.1 stock. You will probably be prompted to update, however.
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  4. Junior Droid
    qwiktune's Avatar
    Member #
    41816
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    To get back to 2.1 you have to use odin. Apply the DL09 odin file from this thread [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers and you will be back to 2.1 stock. You will probably be prompted to update, however.

    I assume I dont need that EA28 and ED01 file right? Just that first file?...and where do I get Odin at? I have Odin3 v1.3, is this ok to use? I'm new to this stuff so Im not sure if you need a specific Odin
  5. Master Droid
    hoppermi's Avatar
    Member #
    102063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    837
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    To get back to 2.1 you have to use odin. Apply the DL09 odin file from this thread [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers and you will be back to 2.1 stock. You will probably be prompted to update, however.

    I assume I dont need that EA28 and ED01 file right? Just that first file?...and where do I get Odin at? I have Odin3 v1.3, is this ok to use? I'm new to this stuff so Im not sure if you need a specific Odin
    Yes, odin 1.3 should be fine. Its what I use. If you have the drivers installed, you should be good to go. Turn off the phone and remove battery hold volume down and insert usb cable to phone this should put the phone in download mode. Start odin and you should see a yellow box near the top letting you know that you are connected. select pda and navigate to the dl09 file then press start. When its done, put the battery back in and boot up. You will back to 2.1

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  6. Junior Droid
    qwiktune's Avatar
    Member #
    41816
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Yes, odin 1.3 should be fine. Its what I use. If you have the drivers installed, you should be good to go. Turn off the phone and remove battery hold volume down and insert usb cable to phone this should put the phone in download mode. Start odin and you should see a yellow box near the top letting you know that you are connected. select pda and navigate to the dl09 file then press start. When its done, put the battery back in and boot up. You will back to 2.1

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate
    I never downloaded any drivers? I just have the "Odin3 v1.3.exe" and "DL09.tar.md5"...where can i get these drivers? Also, well this erase everything on my phone?
  7. Master Droid
    hoppermi's Avatar
    Member #
    102063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    837
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Yes, odin 1.3 should be fine. Its what I use. If you have the drivers installed, you should be good to go. Turn off the phone and remove battery hold volume down and insert usb cable to phone this should put the phone in download mode. Start odin and you should see a yellow box near the top letting you know that you are connected. select pda and navigate to the dl09 file then press start. When its done, put the battery back in and boot up. You will back to 2.1

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate
    I never downloaded any drivers? I just have the "Odin3 v1.3.exe" and "DL09.tar.md5"...where can i get these drivers? Also, well this erase everything on my phone?
    Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

    Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  8. Junior Droid
    qwiktune's Avatar
    Member #
    41816
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

    Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate

    Thats why im asking to be directed on where to go, im pretty tech savvy so its not really a question of comfort, just where to get started. I took it to verizon, i have no warrenty or anything and they had 2/3 techs look at my phone and they cant figure out why my 3G keeps disappearing and dropping service and it never did that before i updated to Froyo, and i've already try a hard reset and everything else. My only options here are to revert back and see if froyo is the issue or get a new one
  9. Master Droid
    hoppermi's Avatar
    Member #
    102063
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    837
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

    Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate

    Thats why im asking to be directed on where to go, im pretty tech savvy so its not really a question of comfort, just where to get started. I took it to verizon, i have no warrenty or anything and they had 2/3 techs look at my phone and they cant figure out why my 3G keeps disappearing and dropping service and it never did that before i updated to Froyo, and i've already try a hard reset and everything else. My only options here are to revert back and see if froyo is the issue or get a new one
    Ok. I back at a computer. Here is a thread that has everything you should need to odin dl09. Ignore the title and the other froyo odin files. It has the drivers and instructions for using odin.
    [Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11
    Last edited by hoppermi; 04-23-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Sorry forgot the Link!
    Super AMOLED+.....FTW!
  10. Junior Droid
    qwiktune's Avatar
    Member #
    41816
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    Fascinate
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiktune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
    Sounds like you need to read up on this a bit more, or just take your phone to a service center, since its not rooted. I'm sure a search of this forum or xda or google will produce the drivers. Yes odin wipes your phone.

    Never do anything you are not comfortable with.

    Sent from MIUI Fascinate

    Thats why im asking to be directed on where to go, im pretty tech savvy so its not really a question of comfort, just where to get started. I took it to verizon, i have no warrenty or anything and they had 2/3 techs look at my phone and they cant figure out why my 3G keeps disappearing and dropping service and it never did that before i updated to Froyo, and i've already try a hard reset and everything else. My only options here are to revert back and see if froyo is the issue or get a new one
    Ok. I back at a computer. Here is a thread that has everything you should need to odin dl09. Ignore the title and the other froyo odin files. It has the drivers and instructions for using odin.
    [Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11
    Yeah i figured it out, it was very easy and i'm back on 2.1, unfortunately Froyo must have done something permanent to my hardware bcuz the 3G is still disappearing and dropping. I dont understand it, it worked PERFECT before i updated and now no matter what I do its messed up. Looks like i'm going to have to get myself a new one =[
  11. Junior Droid
    kramerfrazier1012000's Avatar
    Member #
    167033
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    samsung Schi-500 Verizon
    #10
    I am having same issue. With 3g dropping no bars on standby.to full bars when on the phone. My wife has same phone and hers has full bars still. Tech support told me that Verizon is working on there 4g towers. That is why. I don't believe a word they say though

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 06:58 AM
  2. Flash back to stock
    By analgas187 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 02:56 AM
  3. Unable to flash rom or sbf to flash back to unrooted
    By loveisdead30 in forum Droid Rooted Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
  4. Is there a way to flash back to FRG01b
    By liam. in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 11:36 AM
  5. How to Flash Back to 2.1 for the OTA 2.2
    By makaveliq3 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 11:37 PM

Search tags for this page

fascinate back to 2.1

,

go back to froyoo 2.1

,

how to go back to 2.1 with odin

,

odin captivate 2.1

,

samsung captivate 2.1 odin

,
samsung captivate stock 2.1 odin
,

samsung fascinate 2.1 download

,

samsung fascinate revert to 2.1

,

samsung fascinate stock 2.1

,

samsung fascinate stock 2.1 download

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+