DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Verizon/Samsung Release Source Code for Froyo, Finally...

Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by millwood View Post
    Couple of things the developers are saying.

1. This is just source code for both the ROM and the Kernel.

2. The developers are saying that this really has nothing new in it than what the EC01 release had. It may in fact have less.

3. There is no guarantee that this will lead to a stock OTA, but does make it more likely to happen.

4. There is still code that has not been released for the full ROM that more than likely will not be released as it is proprietary code. That means it will have to be reverse engineered to figure those things out.

5. This is good news, but mostly got those who are running stock 2.1 and have been waiting for 2.2.
    So no one gets confused I am not talking about the source code that Samsung has made available. I am talking about a software release from vzw. As far as the new vzw update content vs the last one is concerned I can compare the notes from both releases today . I know that email sync and push fixes are new as that has been a problem for some well after the last update.

The notes do not hit our systems unless they have been or are about to be released. The software update with froyo is in our system under device support for the fascinate. I have never seen a situation where the info is there for us to work with but the software is not released. If you have a non rooted fascinate and have been waitiing for vzw to release a froyo update it is about to happen. I am not spilling any secret vzw beans here as this is not secret stuff.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Do you guys think that the OTA update will be better than the roms currently available? I wouldn't want to waste my time going back to stock and doing the update if my SC'ed phone is better. You know what I mean? Personally, I believe that Samsung and VZW could learn a few things from the devs here and at XDA. What you guys do amazes me.
    Rooted SCH-I500
    SuperClean 2.9.2
    ComaVolt
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I would wait and see what happens with the ota before you go back to stock. It may be harder to get back to root if the stock ota update takes security measures to block root. It may also have bloatware. Super Clean runs pretty good as is. But I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings with this update, if vzw issues an update.

Sent from my fascinate
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelv View Post
    I would wait and see what happens with the ota before you go back to stock. It may be harder to get back to root if the stock ota update takes security measures to block root. It may also have bloatware. Super Clean runs pretty good as is. But I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings with this update, if vzw issues an update.

Sent from my fascinate
    This is correct. All new updates are using bootlocks for new released phones and the gingerbread OTA with droidx.

Ask yourself this.... was the OTA 2.1.1 better than your dj05 or dl09?

No it wasn't. Since the source code has been released the devs will be able to create a Rom that is bloated that keeps root so we can flash right away and then a debloated version. Just like the past Roms that we had prior. Ec01 is the most stable Rom available out between all others such as dl30 eb01 ec10 from adryn, hecant, And the others line of froyo. ROMS will always be better than bloated software.

That fact has been understood by many who have consistently used since Google brought out android.

ec01 debloated
    enderst special kernel
    uv50 oc1.2
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    New fascinate user here. Total newbie when it comes to rooting a phone and debloating my phone and putting a new rom on. Had old droid 1 in past and not having froyo is killing me, plus having all this useless stuff on phone is worthless as well. Any advice(direction) on rooting and putting best rom on phone and how to do that would be much appreciated. Need to clean this up its just killing me this way. Need direction on where to get clean rom & how to load on phone. Thanks ahead of time!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    What experience have you had with cw and Odin?

ec01 debloated
    enderst special kernel
    uv50 oc1.2
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis0n View Post
    What experience have you had with cw and Odin?

ec01 debloated
    enderst special kernel
    uv50 oc1.2
    Zero....lol....am I hopeless? I've read stuff but have never felt the need or desire to progress the process or doing it, but this phone is killing me. So I feel need to do something.

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500)
    If you want the most simple method to clean your phone up try this link. It will do everything from rooting your phone to removing bloatware while giving you froyo.

[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rgackle View Post
    New fascinate user here. Total newbie when it comes to rooting a phone and debloating my phone and putting a new rom on. Had old droid 1 in past and not having froyo is killing me, plus having all this useless stuff on phone is worthless as well. Any advice(direction) on rooting and putting best rom on phone and how to do that would be much appreciated. Need to clean this up its just killing me this way. Need direction on where to get clean rom & how to load on phone. Thanks ahead of time!

Well youve gotten yourself to this site... now read, read, read. Everything you need to know has already been discussed many times.

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Not secret stuff...

I am optimistic about your prediction, but it appears that your are "spilling the beans" and this is "secret stuff" that no else on the internet knows. From all the angry posts I read on this forum and others from people furious over the lack of Froyo for their Fascinate, this little paragh is HUGE, EXPLOSIVE news, the kind of news that has people checking their phones every minute for an update. This is the kind of info. that gets the rumor mills churning and spawns dozens of articles full of conjecture and unsubstantiated tid bits based on one sliver of (hopefully) truth.

I'm not saying you're wrong or this intel is bad. I hope you aren't and it isn't, but this is the kind of thing that EVERYONE in the Fascinate community would be talking about if it wasn't a secret revealed to the world only in post #21 of this thread.

Again, I'm excited about your prediction of imminent Froyo release, but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

The notes do not hit our systems unless they have been or are about to be released. The software update with froyo is in our system under device support for the fascinate. I have never seen a situation where the info is there for us to work with but the software is not released. If you have a non rooted fascinate and have been waitiing for vzw to release a froyo update it is about to happen. I am not spilling any secret vzw beans here as this is not secret stuff.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links