DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Curious if I'm the only one.....

  1. Senior Droid
    Drew_P's Avatar
    Member #
    169510
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate 2.1
    #1

    Curious if I'm the only one.....

    I've been noticing a small glitch in my fascinate. When I am on a call everything is fine, but I've noticed that there are times when it's time to disconnect my end call button will not work and that my notification bar will be pulled down slightly without me being near it. I have to finish pulling it down to end the call in the notification screen. Also I noticed that when I'm done with a call and put the phone to sleep the screen goes black.....but if I just touch the screen, it comes back on as if it was never asleep. That has caused me to open multiple apps at once from the phone simply being in my pocket. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Junior Droid
    Shade2193's Avatar
    Member #
    156857
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #2
    I had the same notification/end call problem on my fascinate and it drove me nuts. The only way I got around it was by rooting the phone with a 2.2 leak. And I don't have that problem anymore.

    But, I've never experienced that black screen problem so I don't know how if I could help you.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  4. Droid
    Nolenm's Avatar
    Member #
    158502
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wichita ks
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    droid x,droid 2 global
    #3
    I have the same problem with the end call thing also

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  5. Senior Droid
    Drew_P's Avatar
    Member #
    169510
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate 2.1
    #4
    I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although at first I loved the screen and size (my first 4 inch screen) I have since been disappointed with the glitches I've found. Plus the lack of upgrade. So I'm looking forward to the thunderbolt. New phone, new manufacturer, new UI...hopefully better experience. Whatever happens I know I will not go back to any samsung product again.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
  6. Banned
    Mwsr's Avatar
    Member #
    129012
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    276
    Phone
    fascinate
    #5
    Same here drives me crazy

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  7. Master Droid
    Jamis0n's Avatar
    Member #
    130117
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    569
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    #6
    Dl30 or super clean 1.0 didnt have the issue.....
    I love froyo =]…

    rockin froyo:
    super clean 1.0
    dark theme

    btw, this was 8pen-ed.
  8. Master Droid
    AllForNaught's Avatar
    Member #
    155734
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    284
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_P View Post
    I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although at first I loved the screen and size (my first 4 inch screen) I have since been disappointed with the glitches I've found. Plus the lack of upgrade. So I'm looking forward to the thunderbolt. New phone, new manufacturer, new UI...hopefully better experience. Whatever happens I know I will not go back to any samsung product again.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
    I haven't had the issues you mentioned, but here's some food for thought: get an iPhone.

    It's proprietary OS makes updates painless.

    With android, you have an open-source OS, that has to work on several different platforms, often in disparate ways. No two phones are alike in terms of chip sets, UI's, and features.

    EVERY android phone has it's issues. PERIOD. Go search the other forums and look at the problems with those phones, froyo or otherwise.

    Considering HTC's problems with the Incredible, expecting the Thunderbolt to be any different is errant logic.

    At the end of the day, the Fascinate still has the best display, and sleekest form factor, along with a great UI, and many of the same problems as every. Single. Smartphone.

    Seriously - it's really the android OS and it's cross platform problems that are bothering you. Get an iPhone.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  9. Master Droid
    Jamis0n's Avatar
    Member #
    130117
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    569
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AllForNaught View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_P View Post
    I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although at first I loved the screen and size (my first 4 inch screen) I have since been disappointed with the glitches I've found. Plus the lack of upgrade. So I'm looking forward to the thunderbolt. New phone, new manufacturer, new UI...hopefully better experience. Whatever happens I know I will not go back to any samsung product again.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
    I haven't had the issues you mentioned, but here's some food for thought: get an iPhone.

    It's proprietary OS makes updates painless.

    With android, you have an open-source OS, that has to work on several different platforms, often in disparate ways. No two phones are alike in terms of chip sets, UI's, and features.

    EVERY android phone has it's issues. PERIOD. Go search the other forums and look at the problems with those phones, froyo or otherwise.

    Considering HTC's problems with the Incredible, expecting the Thunderbolt to be any different is errant logic.

    At the end of the day, the Fascinate still has the best display, and sleekest form factor, along with a great UI, and many of the same problems as every. Single. Smartphone.

    Seriously - it's really the android OS and it's cross platform problems that are bothering you. Get an iPhone.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

    +1

    rockin froyo:
    super clean 1.0
    dark theme

    btw, this was 8pen-ed.
  10. Senior Droid
    Drew_P's Avatar
    Member #
    169510
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    samsung fascinate 2.1
    #9
    @all
    I've had an iphone. And while I agree that the software is much more polished than android, there are issues I don't mind not dealing with anymore. The fact that I had to have a laptop with me any time I wanted to download anything (music, apps, etc) was bothersome. I know the iphone 4 has many new features.....but a lot of those features were released months and even years ago, and not just on android. Now I've been in the cell phone game since the pea soup green screens. I thought I was top dog when I was the first person I knew to get a color screen lol the point is, I'm not a wealthy man by any means. And if I'm going to shell out my hard earned money, I want a phone I can do whatever I want with. Not one that I have to wait for someone else to give the ok. Bottom line....i loved my iphone, I just don't like how the company runs things. Democracy = good, dictator = bad.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
  11. Master Droid
    Jamis0n's Avatar
    Member #
    130117
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    569
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_P View Post
    @all
    I've had an iphone. And while I agree that the software is much more polished than android, there are issues I don't mind not dealing with anymore. The fact that I had to have a laptop with me any time I wanted to download anything (music, apps, etc) was bothersome. I know the iphone 4 has many new features.....but a lot of those features were released months and even years ago, and not just on android. Now I've been in the cell phone game since the pea soup green screens. I thought I was top dog when I was the first person I knew to get a color screen lol the point is, I'm not a wealthy man by any means. And if I'm going to shell out my hard earned money, I want a phone I can do whatever I want with. Not one that I have to wait for someone else to give the ok. Bottom line....i loved my iphone, I just don't like how the company runs things. Democracy = good, dictator = bad.

    Fascinate stuck on 2.1
    You have the fixes that the devs make for everyone in the community. You just need to do your part and noob your way there. Do your research and then ask.

    rockin froyo:
    super clean 1.0
    dark theme

    btw, this was 8pen-ed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Curious
    By Droidcurious in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
  2. Curious about IRC
    By Mikosh in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
  3. Curious about an app out there?
    By deek in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 08:20 PM
  4. Curious
    By NytroGirl in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 06:09 AM
  5. I'm curious
    By reebz in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Search tags for this page

bottom buttons on a fascinate flickers
,
fascinate does not end call
,
fascinate end call
,
samsung captivate screen blinking
,
samsung captivate screen flickers
,
samsung droid charge screen power flickr
,
samsung facinate flickering screen
,
samsung fascinate buttons flickers
,
samsung fascinate screen flickering
,

samsung fascinate screen flickers

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+