DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is ther best screen protector for the fascinate? Or go naked?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

What is ther best screen protector for the fascinate? Or go naked?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just received my Fascinate about 48 hours ago! So far I really like it, and of course the screen is absolutely gorgeous. About that screen though...
    I'll be keeping it in my purse quite often so therefore I'm more inclined to go with a screen protector. Which one is the absolute best in terms of offering protection while seeming completely invisible? I really appreciate your help and look forward to learning more about the phone on here.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Go naked....or the one sold by seidio is pretty good, but its gorilla glass you really have to try to sctratch it
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Thanks for the reply. I'm supposed to receive my seidio innocase ii today, wish I could find their screen protector at a brick and mortar so I wouldn't have to order it online and wait.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The only thing I know of that you can find for the Fascinate that would be in a local store is ZAGG and that is a great skin but has an orange peel effect and does not have the smoothness of glass. I am actually sporting the Seidio Innocase II as well with their screen protector. Nice set up!!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Awesome, thanks Chuck! I decided on the innocase after doing some research so I hope I'll be happy with it too.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung fascinate

I go naked w/ mine

and haven't had an issue... have had it for over a month. I don't throw it in my purse carelessly though, am somewhat cautious but not super careful. I have had like 6 different screen protectors and none of them give me the feel of the real glass, it ruined the phone for me. I'm a bit crazy though.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Yeah, I can see how it would be easy to go crazy with the protectors because the screen is so pretty. I bought a 2 pack of the seidio ultra ones so we'll see how they work out.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate

ReaLOOK

The ONLY screen protector I'd use on this beautiful phone is the REALOOK. Amazon.com: REALOOK Verizon Samsung Fascinate Crystal Clear Premium LCD Screen Protector 2 Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories

It comes with two, which is nice, because I f'ed up the first application. It feels like glass. The only downside is it DOES attract finger smudges more than the naked glass. Also, when heavily smudged, this oil layer can create some rainbow-effect. All of this is easily rectified with a quick wipe-down.

BTW, this "gorilla glass" bullstuff really needs to stop. People end up ruining expensive devices because of this bologna. I got two scratches on my screen even being VERY careful of it in my pocket (no keys, other items, etc.) They were only about 1/16th of an inch long each (really small) but it bothered me enough that I went and did some research.

Verizon slapped one on my phone first that was just UGLY. It felt like sand paper. REALOOK is legit! Worth it 100%.

ALSO IMPORTANT: Covers ENTIRE front surface, not just "screen" portion. Makes it look nearly invisible except near the speaker!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGH-i500
    I Got mine at best buy, invisishield. Works awesome and they installed it for me too. I get full brightness thru it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_pabst_blue View Post

BTW, this "gorilla glass" bullstuff really needs to stop. People end up ruining expensive devices because of this bologna. I got two scratches on my screen even being VERY careful of it in my pocket (no keys, other items, etc.) They were only about 1/16th of an inch long each (really small) but it bothered me enough that I went and did some research.

Verizon slapped one on my phone first that was just UGLY. It felt like sand paper. REALOOK is legit! Worth it !
    The Real Look protectors are great! I second that...

...but if you're just sticking the naked phone in your pocket you're asking for trouble to begin with.

Look closely at ANY item you throw in your pocket/bag/purse and you'll see scuffs and micro scratches. Friction = damage, period.

I removed my protector about 2 months ago, and got the shell case, along with some Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer. The only thing that touches my screen are my hands, and a microfiber cloth with the solution.

My screen is still brand new looking.

But if your're gonna store/pack your phone naked, you can't beat the Real Look protectors.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links