DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Getting a fasinate

  1. Droid
    Nolenm's Avatar
    Member #
    158502
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wichita ks
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    droid x,droid 2 global
    #1

    Getting a fasinate

    Hey im about to get a samsung and I was wondering what all to do when I get it like what's the best roms and what all can I do more then the x

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    mcapozzi's Avatar
    Member #
    70598
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, NY
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Droid X
    #2
    I just got rid of my Fascinate, and picked up a Droid X.

    There aren't a lot of ROMs for the Fascinate, and you'll still be stuck on 2.1 (if you want everything to work) for now.

    The Fascinate has a nice screen and a slightly faster GPU than the X, but the X is a much better phone overall.

    I would stick with the X, or wait for the X2 or the Bionic.

    Speaking of Fascinates, I have to fix my Fiancée's this weekend cause it is slower that $h!+ after the DL09 OTA update. I'll probably root it and install Super Clean ROM or something like that.

    -Mike
  4. Droid
    Nolenm's Avatar
    Member #
    158502
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wichita ks
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    droid x,droid 2 global
    #3
    Is sport clean rom s good one?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  5. Droid
    bluevolume's Avatar
    Member #
    150326
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapozzi View Post
    I just got rid of my Fascinate, and picked up a Droid X.

    There aren't a lot of ROMs for the Fascinate, and you'll still be stuck on 2.1 (if you want everything to work) for now.

    The Fascinate has a nice screen and a slightly faster GPU than the X, but the X is a much better phone overall.

    I would stick with the X, or wait for the X2 or the Bionic.

    Speaking of Fascinates, I have to fix my Fiancée's this weekend cause it is slower that $h!+ after the DL09 OTA update. I'll probably root it and install Super Clean ROM or something like that.

    -Mike
    How about prefacing your OPINIONS with "I think...". It's certainly far from fact that the Droid X is "much better" than the Fascinate.
  6. Master Droid
    mcapozzi's Avatar
    Member #
    70598
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, NY
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Droid X
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapozzi View Post
    I just got rid of my Fascinate, and picked up a Droid X.

    There aren't a lot of ROMs for the Fascinate, and you'll still be stuck on 2.1 (if you want everything to work) for now.

    The Fascinate has a nice screen and a slightly faster GPU than the X, but the X is a much better phone overall.

    I would stick with the X, or wait for the X2 or the Bionic.

    Speaking of Fascinates, I have to fix my Fiancée's this weekend cause it is slower that $h!+ after the DL09 OTA update. I'll probably root it and install Super Clean ROM or something like that.

    -Mike
    How about prefacing your OPINIONS with "I think...". It's certainly far from fact that the Droid X is "much better" than the Fascinate.
    Sorry if you have a Fascinate and are bitter because your phone is still on 2.1, I've owned both phones, I know the X is a better phone. Yes it is my OPINION, but it is an opinion based on facts. Of course if you want to know exactly why the X is better. Here are the reasons why I (and many other people) believe it is better.

    1) The X has a noise cancelling microphone that vastly improves call quality outdoors.

    2) The X runs Froyo, therefore you have Apps2SD capability that allows you to have more applications installed (8GB vs. 2GB).

    3) The screen is larger which makes it better for us old-timers to see and type.

    4) The X comes with Google, the Fascinate is stuck with Bing (a search engine that has never, ever produced an accurate result for me, ever). You can root the phone to remove Bing, I think it is completely unfair to have to do that just to have a properly working phone.

    5) The X has an 8MP camera, where the Fascinate has a 5MP camera. That might matter to some people. Personally, I could care less.

    6) The phone is made by Motorola, and not by Samsung. Samsung has the worst reputation in the business for service after the sale. Samsung customers are always last in receiving updates/bug fixes. Look how long it took them to fix the GPS issue.

    -Mike
  7. Droid
    bluevolume's Avatar
    Member #
    150326
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    #6
    You say that you're an "old timer", yet you rant like a 12 year old. Enjoy your vastly superior phone, me and the rest of the idiots that bought the Fascinate will go cry in the corner.
  8. Droid
    Nolenm's Avatar
    Member #
    158502
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wichita ks
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    droid x,droid 2 global
    #7
    I love my fascinate

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  9. Junior Droid
    TheHunterOfShadows's Avatar
    Member #
    138099
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Trolls will troll

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  10. Senior Droid
    lxJGTxl's Avatar
    Member #
    167799
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    119
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapozzi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapozzi View Post
    I just got rid of my Fascinate, and picked up a Droid X.

    There aren't a lot of ROMs for the Fascinate, and you'll still be stuck on 2.1 (if you want everything to work) for now.

    The Fascinate has a nice screen and a slightly faster GPU than the X, but the X is a much better phone overall.

    I would stick with the X, or wait for the X2 or the Bionic.

    Speaking of Fascinates, I have to fix my Fiancée's this weekend cause it is slower that $h!+ after the DL09 OTA update. I'll probably root it and install Super Clean ROM or something like that.

    -Mike
    How about prefacing your OPINIONS with "I think...". It's certainly far from fact that the Droid X is "much better" than the Fascinate.
    Sorry if you have a Fascinate and are bitter because your phone is still on 2.1, I've owned both phones, I know the X is a better phone. Yes it is my OPINION, but it is an opinion based on facts. Of course if you want to know exactly why the X is better. Here are the reasons why I (and many other people) believe it is better.

    1) The X has a noise cancelling microphone that vastly improves call quality outdoors.

    2) The X runs Froyo, therefore you have Apps2SD capability that allows you to have more applications installed (8GB vs. 2GB).

    3) The screen is larger which makes it better for us old-timers to see and type.

    4) The X comes with Google, the Fascinate is stuck with Bing (a search engine that has never, ever produced an accurate result for me, ever). You can root the phone to remove Bing, I think it is completely unfair to have to do that just to have a properly working phone.

    5) The X has an 8MP camera, where the Fascinate has a 5MP camera. That might matter to some people. Personally, I could care less.

    6) The phone is made by Motorola, and not by Samsung. Samsung has the worst reputation in the business for service after the sale. Samsung customers are always last in receiving updates/bug fixes. Look how long it took them to fix the GPS issue.

    -Mike

    The samsungs 5mp is superior to the x's 8mp because of the better camera lense put into the fascinate (if u new anything about photography you would no a lot of picture quality is on the lense and not on the MP)

    .3 inches really makes a difference right? (Sarcasm) my girlfriend has the x and its not that big a difference.

    2.2 is going to be released very soon. Once it is, it'll Def be one to consider over the x

    The hummingbird processor owns the x's processor

    Sent from my Fascinating Galaxy S
    Currently running: Stock (for now)

    Was running:
    ROM: BAMF Forever 1.0.7/Kernel: Imoseyon 3.7.1/OC'ed Stock-1.6GHz
    ROM: Synergy/Kernel: Ziggy Kernels/OC'ed Stock-1.5GHz
  11. Droid
    Nolenm's Avatar
    Member #
    158502
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    wichita ks
    Posts
    59
    Phone
    droid x,droid 2 global
    #10
    ^ like

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New fasinate question
    By chrisd56 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 10:48 PM
  2. Anti virus needed for fasinate?
    By ATC1986 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM
  3. Samsung Fasinate Calendar
    By irenek123 in forum Samsung Fascinate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 08:53 AM
  4. Fasinate themes needed!!!
    By gabemtz83 in forum Samsung Fascinate Development
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM

Search tags for this page

does my fascinate have two cameras

,

samsung fasinate 2

,

what next microphone fascinate

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+