DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Z4root after ota

  1. Master Droid
    Jamis0n's Avatar
    Member #
    130117
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    569
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    #1

    Z4root after ota

    I'm kinda scared to root in general. Anyone done it yet?

    8pened!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    With Z4root, the worst that'll happen is that it won't root.

    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Master Droid
    en28so's Avatar
    Member #
    108184
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Verizon galaxy nexus
    #3
    I did, like 5min after I got my X. I think some people mess up their phones because they don't read first
    before rooting(I sure did), what they should and shouldn't do.
    Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)
    Sent from my Galaxy nexus
  5. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    As far as z4, there isn't really much to "mess up". I do HIGHLY recommend research, research, research before doing anything else!

    Quote Originally Posted by en28so View Post
    I did, like 5min after I got my X. I think some people mess up their phones because they don't read first
    before rooting(I sure did), what they should and shouldn't do.
    Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)


    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Master Droid
    Jamis0n's Avatar
    Member #
    130117
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    569
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    #5
    I've been doing the research but the fact the warrantee is what scares me. So i decided to give it a shot and got the apk and installed it and did my back ups on Everything. I did permanent root with USB debugging on and it goes to the second process "root shell blah blah blah" and it returns to my home screen. No su in apps and didn't reboot phone. Tried to open z4 again and it force closes. Try to open it again no response. I did soft and hard reset.

    Tried 3 times same result.

    Any ideas?

    8pened!
  7. Master Droid
    en28so's Avatar
    Member #
    108184
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Verizon galaxy nexus
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis0n View Post
    I've been doing the research but the fact the warrantee is what scares me. So i decided to give it a shot and got the apk and installed it and did my back ups on Everything. I did permanent root with USB debugging on and it goes to the second process "root shell blah blah blah" and it returns to my home screen. No su in apps and didn't reboot phone. Tried to open z4 again and it force closes. Try to open it again no response. I did soft and hard reset.

    Tried 3 times same result.

    Any ideas?

    8pened!
    It might be a bad download of z4root. Remove it and try to get z4 from th Xda website. Use the latest version.

    Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)
    Sent from my Galaxy nexus
  8. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    This is possible! Or you can PM me your email and I'll send you the apk directly. If you have the same results, it may not work.

    Quote Originally Posted by en28so View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamis0n View Post
    I've been doing the research but the fact the warrantee is what scares me. So i decided to give it a shot and got the apk and installed it and did my back ups on Everything. I did permanent root with USB debugging on and it goes to the second process "root shell blah blah blah" and it returns to my home screen. No su in apps and didn't reboot phone. Tried to open z4 again and it force closes. Try to open it again no response. I did soft and hard reset.

    Tried 3 times same result.

    Any ideas?

    8pened!
    It might be a bad download of z4root. Remove it and try to get z4 from th Xda website. Use the latest version.

    Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)


    DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Z4root
    By droidxx1 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
  2. Z4root
    By droidxx1 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. Z4root
    By slipvayne9278 in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
  4. Z4root
    By ChefBoyLp in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 02:09 AM
  5. Z4root?
    By ChefBoyLp in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Search tags for this page

does z4root work on fascinate
,
phone doesn't reboot after z4root
,
why won't z4root work on my samsung fascinate
,

z4root doesn't reboot

,
z4root doesnt reboot
,
z4root doesnt reboot phone
,
z4root won't root
,
z4root wont download droid fascinate
,
z4root wont reboot
,
z4root wont work after latest update
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+