I had this post at XDA and decided to share it with you guys over here at DROIDFORUMS
EDIT: Well just found out it is limited to a short.....Which is around 32 seconds.... So 32 seconds is the max you will have.
FILES AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
Ok after going through a lot of lines of code and i mean a lot, I give you all
Extended Soft Key Backlight (15 seconds to be exact)
If using a theme with a white status/notification bar (bubby's rom) then i would wait till i make this custom for it... This will give you white text in the status/notification bar.
I am using JT's clean rom and it works fine.
If something happens to your phone.... NOT MY FAULT
Now for the release
1. MAKE A BACKUP (JUST IN CASE)
2. INSTALL THE MOD OF YOUR CHOICE (10 SECONDS,15 SECONDS, OR 32 SECONDS (WHICH IS MAX)) WITH THE "APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP" OPTION IN CLOCKWORK RECOVERY
3. WIPE DALVIK CACHE IN THE "ADVANCED" MENU IN CLOCKWORK RECOVERY. IF YOU DO NOT WIPE DALVIK CACHE YOU WILL NOT GET THE UPDATE
If you are using a stock system, you need to delete the services.odex file in /system/framework/ (back it up, with root explorer just in case.)
4. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FASCINATE THAT HAS 15 SECONDS OF SOFT KEY BACKLIGHT!
5. It will take awhile to boot (1-2 mins.), so don't be worried
I plan on adding different versions of this, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, and a really long time one... If I get enough requests.
Time to get some sleep now.
If you want to donate, The button for it is in my signature.