DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I installed the wrong version of OS...please help.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate Sch-1500

I installed the wrong version of OS...please help.

Hi there, ok...I have spent all day trying to download, flash, etc. I made the first mistake today and used odin to flash 2.3.3 but thought I had the 1900 but have the Fascinate sch-1500. Now when I turn the phone on I get the flash screen Galaxy S I1900 and it doesn't do anything else. I am able to get my phone into download mode but I followed the steps to reflash my rom with the correct software and odin starts then shuts down. So...my delima here is what can I do. I have tried several options. I still have the same issue. I apologize I need a clear step by step that I can understand. I am a newbie at this part of everything. I had successfully rooted by device and everything before I did all this. Also...just put this Fascinate together from two broken devices successfully. Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Success with much research I used SCH-I500_VZW_EC09_GINGERBREAD_DEBUG_REL.tar.md5 with Odin3 v1.85_intratech.zip, I used the Sch-I500 file with the PDA field, checked repartition and used atlas_v2.2.pit for the pit. Connected my device with the download screen, hit start and within 5 minutes my device was restored with 2.3.3 and works wonderfully well. In fact it is a lot faster and the battery life is incredible. I have had no problems, no force closes, no hiccups whatsoever. The only thing I need help with now is that I'm using this device data only on my wifi network. I'm not using it as a cell for the moment. I want to remove all the Verizon Wireless apps but when I try to delete or uninstall they won't. If anyone has an idea of how to get these off my phone I would appreciate the help. Thanks to everyone who posted solutions on all the many android forums on the net. It was a lot of reading and time but I'm happy.

Cindy
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    Get a bloat freezer app. Don't physically uninstall the apps because that prevents you from receiving OTA updates... Although I doubt the fascinate will be getting any more of those :b

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks so much for the information. It really helps. This forum has been so helpful.

Cindy
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I got everything working ok but overnight all the sudden my SD card got wiped and nothing on it, I could not even recover and now says damaged SD card.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    fascinate samsung
    Quote Originally Posted by droidfreak28 View Post
    Get a bloat freezer app. Don't physically uninstall the apps because that prevents you from receiving OTA updates... Although I doubt the fascinate will be getting any more of those :b

Sent from my Droid Prime using DroidForums
    i would think the same as well.. but one thing that kinda gives us a bit of hope. The nexus S comes with much of the same hardware as we have, i wouldn't find us not being capable of receiving ICS through our means.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy y pro duos b551
    hey bro .. i have a the same probeleum in my samsung galaxy y pro duos b 5512 .. and i am not able to put the phone in download mode ... will u please help me ...

Links