DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Kernel Panic Upload Mode

Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate

Kernel Panic Upload Mode

Whenever I reboot, or reboot into recovery, My phone says Kernel Panic Upload mode and stays like that. I have to do a battery pull. any ideas?

Edit: I have tried the com rom with all the different kernels, even without a kernel. I have tried evil fascination and they are all going to this Kernel Panic Upload Mode after rebooting. I have tried them with voodoo on, and voodoo off, I'm running out of ideas.

Edit #2: I have also gone back and odin back to EC10, and I tried ED01. same issue both times. I also did a data wipe before I odin. I also formatted my SD card, but that didn't do anything either. Should I just go back to Stock, and then root it again?
    Last edited by coloradodrummer; 07-01-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    ED01 Evil Fascinate 3.5.1
    OTB 1.3 undervolted
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradodrummer View Post
    Whenever I reboot, or reboot into recovery, My phone says Kernel Panic Upload mode and stays like that. I have to do a battery pull. any ideas?

Edit: I have tried the com rom with all the different kernels, even without a kernel. I have tried evil fascination and they are all going to this Kernel Panic Upload Mode after rebooting. I have tried them with voodoo on, and voodoo off, I'm running out of ideas.

Edit #2: I have also gone back and odin back to EC10, and I tried ED01. same issue both times. I also did a data wipe before I odin. I also formatted my SD card, but that didn't do anything either. Should I just go back to Stock, and then root it again?

I also got this issue after installing the GB leak on my phone.......I had to format my SD then odin to DL09 with the atlas 2.2 pit file and the re-partition box checked.....then OTA to ED04.....I then pulled my batt. and odined my recovery. I then booted into recovery wipe cache partition/dalvik/ and full wipe. i the flashed com rom 2.0 with OTB 1.5 and did a full reboot....once i saw it worked fine i re entererd recovery via power button and the did no wipes and flashed 2.1 com rom patch.....I NOW HAVE NOT HAD A KERNEL PANIC OR POWER RESET OR UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE ERROR IN THREE WEEKS.....THANK GOD!
    Samsung Fascinate

-----------Insides-----------
  3. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    I got this error a couple times and Odin'd the DI01 file from here and that took care of it. No .pit file, no formatting sdcard.

Links