All credit to Swiftwork and Fr4gg0r over at XDA
TW Launcher 4.5
Hi, What has been added
This is the twlauncher 4.5, actually the tw4 launcher from Samsung heavily modified by me and Swiftwork.
Integrated Settings: to reach it, press menu, then preferences
you can adjust lots of stuff here
- homescreen count
- default screen
- enable/disable landscape (if you enable landscape it will take effect after next boot)
- number of rows
- uninstall button on homescreen
- icon dock count
- size of indicator (small/big)
- enable/disable dock background
- app labels
- app labels in dock
- enable/disable indicator auto hide
- number of apps per page
- number of app columns
- sort order (normal/alphabetical, alphabetical will be forced after reboot/changing from normal to alphabetical)
- enable/disable app backdrops
- enable/disable 3D effect for backdrops
- enable/disable unread gmail counter (specify accounts to show counter for)
- enable/disable unread sms counter or Samsung Counter
- stay in RAM (enabled by default)
- install a theme (this moves a .zip from /sdcard/ into the theme dir on /sdcard/.TW4Themes/
- Choose a theme. How theming currently works:
you simply zip all the icons.
You can theme the following:
app icons: give the .png the name packageName.pngapp backdrops: give the .png the name tile_packageName.pngrandom backdrops: name it tileXX.png where XX goes from 0 to 15 (both inclusive)app icons only for dock: dock_packageName.pnghome icon: dock_home.pngapps icon: dock_apps.pngdock background: dock.pngand more (menus, page indicator etc.)
You can combine themes (e.g. a full theme and then apply just a dock theme), "Choose Theme" will just overwrite the old icons with supplied icons in the .zip.
If you select "none", theming dir will be cleared.
Now I wanna see some great themes.
Btw: Swiftwork is working on a great tw4Manager, which will probably include the possibility to view&download themes directly on the device..
- Example of a dock theme can be downloaded here
- Resizing for all widgets enabled (long press widget and then drop it without moving)
- Scrolling widgets are supported (currently not recommended to use though, lags when scrolling)
- Power Widget stays gray on samsung firmwares (it does not on cm7 for example), after reboot it will be displayed normally.
- Some/most Samsung widgets won't work without modification with this modded launcher.
- If you want them back, check this link (thanks to scheichuwe)
- To fix other widgets, grab the attached key, in AndroidManifest.xml set android:sharedUserId="tw4.fr4gg0r" (if not there add it) and resign it with the downloaded key (password is touchwiz, alias is fr4gg0r) more details here.
- Every device with armv7 processor and froyo or higher
- Install the tw4.zip in recovery (also contains ShareApp.apk; this will remove the old twlauncher, so make sure you have another launcher as backup installed!) (if zip does not install the app, /system is not mounted rw, then push the app manually to /system/app/ [remove TouchWiz30Launcher.* if present!] or
- install the launcher as normal app. This will have some restrictions: for example it cannot uninstall apps (not really tested; only possible if you don't already have a twlauncher installed!)
If you have questions/bug reports feel free to come on irc (freenode) to #cmsgs
Don't take the .apk and theme it, instead make a theme.zip
v1.4.3: crash when no share app is installed fixed, this time also tw4.zip updated
v1.4.2: bugfixes, option to show numbers on page indicators, download all samsung widgets here (thx scheichuwe)
v1.4.1: sms counter crash fixed
v1.4: theming fix, overshoot on homescreen & appdrawer, performance optimizations, send email on crash
v1.3: fix for froyo, a permission was missing
v1.2: theming updated! more possibilities!
v1.1: -fc on startup fixed
If tw4.zip fails (with error 6), try this one
Attached FilesShareApp.apk (29.1 KB, 4632 views)tw4key.zip (1.3 KB, 4553 views)tw4.zip (2.17 MB, 6095 views)TW4Launcher.apk (2.05 MB, 6378 views)