All credit to navenedrob over at XDA!
[ROM][6.20.2011]NAMELESS v4.1 (Updated) - based on EC09 Gingerbread Leak
based on the EC09 Gingerbread Leak
Although no one was involved in the re-packing/making of this ROM but me, I still want to personally thank these people for supporting or defending the Fascinate community (in no particular order):
Everyone on IRC!
... and others! You know who you are!
...let's not forget p3droid.
This ROM is the EC09 leak with my personal touches and changes, the changes of others, and some common sense tweaking to present a smoother, faster, EC09 experience, nothing more. Most of what I have done with this ROM is common place, but it does perform (in my opinion) better than a stock ROM.
Stock VS NAMELESS v4:
What you really want to know:
- Stock Kernel (for now)
- Froyo OTB recovery by nemesis2all !! SEE FAQ BELOW !!
- De-bing/De-VZW'ed browser
- Framework edits by Adrynalyne
- Go Launcher EX
- AOSP Deskclock
- Touchwiz Calendar/Calculator
- Latest GAPPS 6/13 ~ CtoPhone, Gmail, GVoice, Maps, Street, Vsearch, Talk2 (with video chat)
- Download Crutch
- RFS auto-format on install
- fix_permissions 2.08, rw, ro, fast_media, default_media, bstats scripts
- build.prop tweaks including the market fingerprint fix
- Malware exploit patch
Q: Ok, I'm cool with it, so what should I know about installing it?
A: You SHOULD be able to install this from any CWM 3 recovery, but there are some CWM3 recoveries that won't work with my scripts and tools used to install the ROM. THIS STEP IS NOT OPTIONAL, IF YOU DON'T DO IT EXPECT PROBLEMS
It is important that if you are coming from a Froyo ROM that you are using a compatible recovery. I don't have a list, unfortunately, of these recoveries, but I do know that these two work:
INSTALL PROCESS (for a successful install):
Q: Ok, what kind of caveats can I expect from this ROM?
Since this stuff is "new" we really haven't had time to prepare anything for it. I am releasing this here as a WIP, that's work in progress. Please DO NOT use the recovery for anything but flashing other ROM's, other recoveries, or other kernels. DO NOT use the recovery to try to wipe ANYTHING. KEEP voodoo conversion DISABLED. I have provided this recovery for ease of use.
Q: I'm on a Froyo ROM right now, but I use Voodoo, do I have to turn off Voodoo before I flash this?
A: No, you don't have to do that. If you use the recovery I posted you should be able to flash and it work OK.
Q: Right now I'm using JT1134's (awesome) CM7 fascinatemtd ROM, can I flash this if I am using that?
A: No, you will need to ODIN a stock ROM WITH the atlas_v2.2.pit, which you can flash with ODIN v1.3.
Q: Do I have to do a "data wipe" before I install this ROM?
A: No, you do not have to do any kind of wipe before installing, the ROM will do that for you. It will wipe all your data during install, keep that in mind!
Post Install Notes: After installing, and booting into the OS, I recommend doing a reboot and clearing out the data for Go Launcher in application settings. If when booting the OS you are getting an ACORE force close loop, then something went wrong with the install: either the proper recovery was not used, or for some reason the install script did not run correctly and was not able to setup the environment correctly. If you did not use the recovery mentioned, try flashing it, then try flashing this ROM and see if that fixes the issue.
4.1 Bugs: Video and streaming video are broken, downloads is broken
- Browser bugs - added 8 tab support, custom user agent switching (downloads still broken)
- Camcorder bug - you can take videos now (video is however not playable)
- Added "tuneup" script which can be run through adb or terminal emulator to enable some speed tweaks -type "tuneup" at command prompt to enable every reboot
- Re-work of some installation scripts and processes
- Added YouTube app, which I forgot last time
- Added stock SGS Gingerbread enterprise Email app
- Sbrissen mods! Thanks Sbrissen!
- Multitouch tweak
This does not flash a modem, get the EC09 modem ODIN flash here:
[EC09][MODEM][ODIN] EC09 Radio/Modem for Odin
A Froyo modem WILL work with this ROM, so if you are on EC01, ED01, ED03, or ED04 modem variants, it should work fine.