All credit to jptech7 at XDA
[ROM][ODIN][EC09][6-19-2011]TouchWiz Gingerbread Leak!
I take no credit for this, but I thought that it should be in the development section. The leak has not been verified, so proceed at your own risk. P3Droid has leaked this after an intense argument with some of our beloved Fascinate developers. To read more about that, go to the general forum. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1128886)
The mirror is courtesy of shinebox. The mirror from mydroidworld is very slow.
Please post back if you flash it with your results. PM me if you want anything added to this OP.
You will need ODIN.
Download from the mirror link. Assuming you already have the Samsung drivers and Odin installed, proceed and flash in ODIN in the PDA section. It should take 3 to 5 minutes. Profit.
- This will wipe your data!
- This Odin package includes everything that you need (Rom, Kernel, Radio)
- It is probably not the final version of GB, so it is unstable.
- Know how to use ODIN and adb before you proceed.
- The ROM is fully bloated, binged, and it doesn't have root!
- I am not responsible for this leak or your bricked phone.
- This runs a .35 TouchWiz kernel, so don't flash anything for ASOP, Froyo, Eclair, CM7, or MIUI!
Changes & Issues (incomplete list):
- Stock browser has issues downloading. Results in FC.
- Netflix can't be downloaded from the market without a build.prop change.
- Less stable than Froyo (ED01 or later)
- Notification bar has changed. Look at the screenshots.
- May have GPS tweaks.. TBD
- New MODEM in the all in one (Can get it separate... check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132236)
- Multitouch rotate gesture doesn't appear to work
Build.prop hack by nitsuj17
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 Root via: (original post is page 3 by pc1990)
just switched the build prop to hopefully list the phone as a nexus instead of fascinate cuz google voice wasnt showing up for me
this fixes that...but idk what else
flash in recovery and let me know if missing apps appear for you
Multitouch Rotate Fix by redeyes
(original by jbdroid: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1017268)
Originally Posted by redrol
First off I am a total noob at this stuff but I did manage to fix the problem with multitouch rotate not working on EC09.
You will need root and something like root explorer to edit this file:
what we need the file to say is this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!-- Copyright (C) 2009 The Android Open Source Project Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.--><!-- This is the standard set of features for a touchscreen that supports independently-trackable multiple-finger multitouch. --><permissions> <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" /> <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" /> <feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.dist inct" />
The important part here is adding the last line
<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.dist inct" />
Save the file, reboot and presto, working multitouch rotate gestures.
Hope this works for people that are early adopters.