DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help....

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate super clean!

Need a little help....

So Im on Build number sch-I500.EB01 with kernel version 2.6.32.9
    Im not real sure but dont I want to have EC01 or even ED01? Have terrible gps. What am I missing. Been running superclean for a while but wondering if I forgot to do something or ????
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Fascinate
    ODIN CWM3.

ODIN EC01 Radio/modem

Flash com rom 1.3 or evil fascination 3.6

If you flash com rom 1.3 and get stuck on samsung screen. Pull battery boot to CWM and flash a different touchwiz kernel. The new pbj/imnuts kernels work great.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Twitter - hecantbreathe
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate super clean!
    So IM a total Newby here. I rooted my phone with the easy instructions with superclean. Been using phone ever since with that. What are you telling me to do now? Am I totally redoing phone again? Or just bits and pieces? I really appreciate the help.
  4. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimsport View Post
    So IM a total Newby here. I rooted my phone with the easy instructions with superclean. Been using phone ever since with that. What are you telling me to do now? Am I totally redoing phone again? Or just bits and pieces? I really appreciate the help.
    I think a fresh build would do you some good. I've used all of the things hecanbreathe suggested for you with great results. Here is a guide on how to use Odin, and here are threads for Community ROM and Evil Fascination. Here is a guide on how to flash them. Here is where you can get the EC01 radio, and here is where you can get the CWMR 3 .tar file to flash with Odin. Here also is the PB & J kernel from imnuts. It flashes a yellow recovery which I've seen nothing but trouble from. I'd recommend doing the Odin flash of the recovery I linked above again after flashing the kernel.

So this is what I would do:

Odin EC01 radio.
    Odin CWMR 3
    Flash Community ROM or Evil Fascination
    Flash PB & J kernel (same as flashing ROM but with no wipes)
    Odin CWMR 3 again
    Reboot phone
    Last edited by bhfd64; 05-31-2011 at 08:40 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    I think a fresh build would do you some good. I've used all of the things hecanbreathe suggested for you with great results. Here is a guide on how to use Odin, and here are threads for Community ROM and Evil Fascination. Here is a guide on how to flash them. Here is where you can get the EC01 radio, and here is where you can get the CWMR 3 .tar file to flash with Odin. Here also is the PB & J kernel from imnuts. It flashes a yellow recovery which I've seen nothing but trouble from. I'd recommend doing the Odin flash of the recovery I linked above again after flashing the kernel.

Odin EC01 radio.
    Odin CWMR 3
    Odin CWMR 3 again
    Reboot phone
    The yellow recovery 3.2.x is fixed and fully working.

Twitter - hecantbreathe
  6. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hecantbreathe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post

Odin EC01 radio.
    Odin CWMR 3
    Odin CWMR 3 again
    Reboot phone
    The yellow recovery 3.2.x is fixed and fully working.

You've tried every feature with it? Another RS member couldn't get it to wipe data earlier tonight. Had to battery pull out of it after waiting 10 minutes. More than once.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate super clean!
    Could I bribe anyone into giving me a step by step deal here? Im getting confused as to what I need to do and in what order. Im reading how to install the ec01 radio, but it claims it comes with a Rom.... And what exactly is the Odin CWMR 3?
  8. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Could I bribe anyone into giving me a step by step deal here? Im getting confused as to what I need to do and in what order. Im reading how to install the ec01 radio, but it claims it comes with a Rom.... And what exactly is the Odin CWMR 3?
    There are step by step instructions in my post above. In the EC01 thread I linked there is a download for the EC01 radio. That does not come with a ROM. Download that file, it is a .tar file, and use the guide on how to use Odin that I linked to flash it. Then evaluate the two ROMs I linked, decide which you want. Download the zip file and use the step by step instructions I posted to flash it.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate super clean!
    is Odin CWMR 3? just the latest version of Odin that I need to do this all in?
  10. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    is Odin CWMR 3? just the latest version of Odin that I need to do this all in?
    How did you put Super Clean on your phone?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links