DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3

I need help

If anyone is on and available, this is just a quick before I start looking thing about finding the most stable ROM for my wife's fascinate, I rooted, put on voodoo, and now she can't text and her phone is randomly rebooting, it is running Evil Fascination 3.5.1. Also, but less importantly, I can't seem to get her clock to show on the notification bar even though the bar is black, I unchecked disable clock, and set the color to white, it won't show up.

Thank you, and until you guys respond I will be diligently looking for a fix, and ROMming her phone like mad.

PS: If you know a stable 2.3 ROM I Would love that, a nice fully functional 2.2 would work too.

3. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Hello kristoff. There is no stable 2.3 yet. EF 3.5.1 and it's included kernel has been completely stable for me, none of the issues you describe. Which method did you use to root the phone, and what exactly do you mean "put on voodoo"? What steps did you use for installing the ROM, exactly?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    I used the one that runs through windows. can't remember the name, I'll find it in a minute and thank you for your time, but I have another question, as we just recently got married she changed her gmail from one with her maiden name to one with her married name, I would rather not google "How do I change my email address" as that would be a painful process of looking through millions of links, is there a way for her to change it directly through google, as i purchased a LOT of apps for modding her phone, and would hate to pay for them a 3rd time (I have em on my phone [I would like to support the devs but I'm poor, and $6 for titanium is a bit much])?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Also, thank you for the help, and sorry for the lack of info I'm offering, gotta go out to connect to gmail with the cyanogen mod since I rent a solid stone house and get no reception inside.
  6. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    I'm not sure how to transfer paid apps over to a new Gmail. As for the rest, now you've mentioned CyanogenMod. Is that what you're running? I need you to answer the questions I've asked so I can figure out what you need to do.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    I just installed CM7, Titanium Backup keeps FCing on me, constantly, even when I'm not trying to run it.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Hey.just use titanium backup for root it'll do everything you need if your restoring apps to the same account and it's free.not sure it would do the same if u signed in as a different account...As for the changing accounts part-i don't think most people on the forum would appreciate you asking them to google something for you.i don't mind you asking but...you know what I mean? Not near a computer right now but if I remember correctly, you can go to settings-accounts and sync-and hit add account at the bottom.perhaps that will allow you to integrate the two accounts into one? Don't hold me to it though..hope I helped!

OTB RELOADED UC 900mhz
    CommRom v1.2
    I'm Fascinated.
  9. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    There are a number of issues with both CM7 builds. They're both Alpha builds. I'd recommend wiping everything and switching back to EF 3.5.1 for the most stability.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmm24 View Post
    Hey.just use titanium backup for root it'll do everything you need if your restoring apps to the same account and it's free.not sure it would do the same if u signed in as a different account...As for the changing accounts part-i don't think most people on the forum would appreciate you asking them to google something for you.i don't mind you asking but...you know what I mean? Not near a computer right now but if I remember correctly, you can go to settings-accounts and sync-and hit add account at the bottom.perhaps that will allow you to integrate the two accounts into one? Don't hold me to it though..hope I helped!

OTB RELOADED UC 900mhz
    CommRom v1.2
    I'm Fascinated.
    I'm not asking you to google it, I'm asking if you know, as if I try to google "How do I change my gmail account" I get about 12.5 million results, if someone has done this I would like them to explain how I transfer everything, mainly including the purchases made on the previous and deleting them from it, to the new account.

I'm not being lazy, just I know if I try to google it, I'll be dead before I find the answer, and would rather pay again, but I'd rather someone who knows how to do it tell me what the procedure is, if need be in the next week or so I'll contact them and figure it out, but if it's a simple (even complicated but I don't need to contact them) I'll do it myself with some advice.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    {List}[5.25.11] *VZW* CDMA i500 Roms/Kernels/Radios/Mods - xda-developers I'm on there since it was linked in the forums, it's my wife's phone so I'm not up to date with the roms for the fascinate, what does EF stand for?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links