DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help

1. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoff125 View Post
    {List}[5.25.11] *VZW* CDMA i500 Roms/Kernels/Radios/Mods - xda-developers I'm on there since it was linked in the forums, it's my wife's phone so I'm not up to date with the roms for the fascinate, what does EF stand for?
    Evil Fascination which is what you said you were running in the OP.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Once again, I do appreciate all the help, as if it fixes my wifes phone and makes me not look bad to her, it makes my life easier. =) I recommended her the phone, then with 2.1 it was painful and I felt bad, so I ROMmed it and kinda broke a lot of it.
    Damn Verizon / Samsung for butchering Android.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    With EF 3.5.1 her SMS ONLY sent blank messages, and it began randomly rebooting, she went to GV for a while to deal with the SMS failure, but then the recent random reboots made her not want to have that ROM either.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quick update, even with CM7 I sent myself a test text and it was blank...I almost feel I need to remove voodoo and go back to stock, and if that doesn't fix it, have her get a new phone at verizon, and since she doesn't care for all the nice features of rooting / ROMming, just use the new 2.2 update
    Why can't all phones just run stock Android =\
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    However I have found in the hours I've spent roaming forums, finding the stock SBF is a pain, if you know where the link is, please do tell, will be looking at it and refreshing this page every 5 minutes or so. I've literally spent at least 10 hours trying to fix her phone in the past month or so since the update came out, and I feel like the best bet would be to throw it at a wall and hope she has insurance, not sure if we have it on this phone or not...
    I feel like homer in that episode where it goes back to when he had his kids and ripped all his hair out.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    There is no COMPLETELY stable rom other than one you will get from an official OTA update. Your best bet will be to completely wipe the phone and update it to 2.2 by following this guide [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers

And if you still have issues with the phone while running the official update, call verizon and get a replacement.
  7. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Use these instructions to flash the .tar file from step 1 of this thread. That will take you back to stock. Then you can do the over-the-air update to 2.2.
  8. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAKE_JONES View Post
    There is no COMPLETELY stable rom other than one you will get from an official OTA update. Your best bet will be to completely wipe the phone and update it to 2.2 by following this guide [Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly - xda-developers

And if you still have issues with the phone while running the official update, call verizon and get a replacement.
    My phone is COMPLETELY stable with EF 3.5.1, and with better battery life and more accurate GPS than is available with stock OTA Froyo.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Thank you all, I think I just need to do that, as no matter what ROM I install I end up with the same SMS not working issue.
    You guys have been amazing and unbelievably supportive for volunteers, which is why I love going on here and helping people, and regret that I haven't been doing so lately as my SS 5.1 has been doing me fine on my tired and old droid (Which randomly reboots, thanks to excessive overclocking while using Nav and it overheating and such) but yea, this forum was what caused me to get into all this fun stuff, and made me love Android, and the community here is amazing, once again, thanks you, to everyone, who helped me fix my wife's phone (hopefully going to stock fixes it and we don't need to go to Verizon).
    Thanks,
    Krzysztof
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAKE_JONES View Post

My phone is COMPLETELY stable with EF 3.5.1, and with better battery life and more accurate GPS than is available with stock OTA Froyo.
    My major problem is no matter what ROM I put on it, her SMS doesn't work, which makes it almost seem like the hardware is broken, and if that's not it, and going to stock doesn't fix it, Verizon will giver her a new one that works, and I can always reroot and reROM after I get a new phone for her.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links