All credit goes to navenedrob over at XDA for this source Rom tester...
Orig link: [ROM][3.31.2011]NAMELESS v3 (updated 4.2.2011 - Name Change - SMS/MMS Fixed) - xda-developers
If this is posted here already I apologize.......
[ROM][3.31.2011]NAMELESS v3 (updated 4.2.2011 - Name Change - SMS/MMS Fixed)
(OLD) Hi all, I didn't feel like waiting for a full EC10 ROM, so I made one. I have been doing testing today (3/29-3/30) to work out bugs that I encounter, and I think I have it to where there are none... or very few. This ROM is a Mesmerize EC10 port, and as some know the phone is pretty much identical to ours minus a few things USCC. This is a sole project created by myself with indirect help from the Fascinate forum users.
Thanks goes to: adrynalyne (mods), GizmoDroid (mods), gtg465x (launcher), L3ttuc3 (SMS/MMS ideas), dfgas (SMS/MMS tips), and everyone else!
A few notes:
- Flash this at your own discretion. I am providing this ROM for testing to the community. You may encounter bugs, though I hope there are not many, if any.
- This ROM requires CWM recovery.
- This ROM DOES NOT include a kernel, you must have one in place or have one installed already, or install one after flashing in recovery.
- Wipe cache/dalvik-cache before flashing this ROM for best results.
- I would also recommend re-provisioning your phone with *228 option 1 (activation) and option 2 (PRL update) after loading the ROM.
- Fix permissions just in case, after ROM flash, you can do this by using either ADB or a terminal emulator: 1) type "rw", 2) type "fxpms", 3) Reboot
- Full and complete EC10 Mesmerize base
- Extreme ROM clean
- Latest Gapps including Chrome to Phone
- 2.3.4 Market
- removed Swype and Samsung Keypad (due to incompatibilities)
- EB01 debinged browser
- MMS app fix by GizmoDroid
- Music Player modified by CrushD
- Car Cradle modified by adrynalyne
- GTG TouchWiz 1.1.1 Launcher
- AppWidgetPicker and DownloadCrutchLite
- init.d scripts (only used if using an init.d supported kernel, like imnuts' kernel - sdreadahead for sd card read/write speed improvements & access to sysctl - feel free to drop your own tweak scripts in /system/etc/init.d (with proper permissions), or if you find a script you think is a good tweak... suggest it
- ad blocking hosts file
- OPTIONAL proper AOSP android logo boot animation in portrait mode (can be found in /system/bin, remember to backup, then remove, bootsamsung.qmg, and bootsamsungloop.qmg in /system/media before applying this)
- Stock de-Verizoned Galaxy S boot animation
- ringtone/notification flip-flop to VZW type
- latest su binary and Superuser application with proper symlink
- latest BusyBox 1.19 from adrynalyne's git with proper symlinks
- GPS tweaks by adrynalyne
- scripts by adrynalyne - ro/rw (mount system read-only, or read-write), fxpms (fix permissions), bstats (battery stats wipe), fast_media (kill media scanner), default_media (enable media scanner)
- zipalign binary
- sqlite3 binary
- sh shell
- modified build.prop
- anti-malware profile
Known ROM Issues:
- Default ringtone/notification bug - DO NOT select "Default ringtone" OR "Default notification sound" from Sound Settings
- Missing voicemail settings in Call Features
- Upon clearing settings storage data your settings may not save thereafter, see this post to restore functionality http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=172
- No audio in camcorder recordings, or voice recorder recordings - this is not a ROM bug, it is related to Voodoo Sound enabled kernels, please see this post for a fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=166
Version 3: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! 105.83MB
Permissions Errors Fixed
Browser Bug Fixed
"Digital Roaming" Message Fixed
Version 2: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! 107.03MB
- Stock Galaxy S boot animation
- Home Button issue fixed
- Lockscreen issue fixed
- Removed minfree boot script (didn't function correctly)
- Added sysctl configuration file and boot script
- Corrected permissions on init.d related things, now all boot scripts will work
- Added zipalign binary (in the next version, I'm hoping to include auto zipaligning on non-zipaligned APK's at boot)
Version 1: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! 102.32MB