All updated and all credit goes to CrushD over at XDA for this.....
Orig link: [APPS][3/18] Collection of TW Mods/Improved TW Experience (Launcher Update!) - xda-developers
[APPS][3/18] Collection of TW Mods/Improved TW Experience (Launcher Update!)
Felt like toying around with TouchWiz apps and felt like sharing a few mods of mine. Download the desired apks and place em in your /system/app folder by your method of choice.
All Apps are for FROYO, so only use em if you are on DL30/EB01 or any other Galaxy S Froyo ROM if perchance you aren't a Fascinate user.
Based off of GTG's mod of TouchWiz, seeing that in his post he gave up the project, just felt like toying around with it, more versions perhaps to come in the future.
- Page-Indicator - Placed on the bottom of the screen similar to TW 4.0, I like using them to zip around homescreens and being the bottom is much more accessible than reaching top. Also fixed their touch area, by default they're biased to the left and it becomes apparent when you space em out more.
- Completely removed colored BG images - The BG images that go behind apps in the app drawer, rather than just making them invisible .pngs, completely edited them out of the smali code. I think this is why my App Drawer animations are smoother than GTGs. Will probably upload a version with them later.
- Fixed Touch Sensitivity - One of my major issues with GTG's Launchers, they had a lot of bias towards scrolling left and right on homescreens, making TW's scrolling apps a pain to use.
- Cleaned up Dock - App titles no longer show up in the Dock and I lowered down the dock both due to the lack of text, and to make space for lower Page-Indicators.
- Bunch of minor stuff
I've finally completed it, after many hours of hard work, frustration at many force closes and force restarts, I bring you my Ultimate Version. This is the base version that will be updated and built upon as future mods come out.
- Fixed Force Close Issues - Renaming folders and using Alphabetical List Drawer now work
- Removed all lag/stuttering - In GTG Launcher, as was in my older versions, when using 16-bit disabled mode, when in the app drawer if you scrolled fast or pinched you would experience lots of stuttering. I've resolved this issue and now it performs as smooth and responsive as it should be.
- Reintegrated Badges - The notification badges for text messages and e-mails (when using TW e-mail) now work. I've also got ALL notifications working, but it requires an add-on app, which I'm still working on and will upload later.
- SUB MENU FOR OPTIONS!
The last note is a biggy. When you push the menu soft-key you'll notice that "Search" has been replaced with "Options".
Try 'em out, pretty self-explanatory, though I'll go a bit in detail on 16-bit mode. 16-bit mode trades image quality for speed, however on/off makes no difference in RAM usage, so it's purely a cosmetic difference. In GTG there was a big difference due to the stuttering in the high image quality version, there is no more stuttering, but animations are still smoother in "Speed" mode. "Speed" mode does not work with Live Wallpapers, I've tried before and weird things happen, if you turn on a Live Wallpaper while on "Speed" it'll switch to "Quality". Here are comparison pics so you can see the difference. Some color, but mostly translucency that gets ruined, I personally prefer Quality (which is the default in stock launcher), but hey I give you the freedom of choice.
Speed vs Quality
Expect more options to appear in future versions. Have at it, enjoy my hard work.
ULTIMATE Version rev.1:TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
Old Versions for educational/curiosity sake:
5x4 No Dot Version: TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
5x4 Dot Version: TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
Probably more stuff to come later.
I noticed a request to turn off the "Low Battery" interruption of the Music Player, and here it is. Have at it, stock music player that you can continue to listen to when below 10% battery.
This is the Vibrant's BuddiesNow app, I like it much more than Fascinate's. In addition to the RollerDex view that we have, they also have a Grid View which is much better for accessing contacts and viewing notifications regarding them.
- Sped up the Bubble Pop-Up considerably.
- Fixed Force-Close errors when not using Vibrant's Contacts apps when checking Missed Call. If you notice any other Force-Closes, let me know and I'll fix it up. This fix is for non-Vibrant users, so if you are on Vibrant, this sped up BuddiesNow may force-close on missed call check.
WeatherClock (Accuweather and improved versions to come later)
I'm personally a fan of Analog Clocks, and I like the weather clock included in touchwiz. What I don't like is that the weather clock does not have a shortcut to the clock app. So here you are, a simple mod that redirects touching the clock to opening the clock app, if you want to view the weather detail view, that's been redirected to the "weatherbug" text at the bottom of the widget (and from within that view you can touch "weatherbug" to bring up the browser link that used to exist on the widget).
There are 3 versions:
- Redirect to Touchwiz Clockpackage.SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
- Redirect to AOSP Deskclock.SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
- Redirect straight to Alarm of AOSP Deskclock.SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk