My phone is currently getting stuck at "Samsung" while it is booting. I would greatly appreciate any help in getting it corrected.
Here is how I got to this point.
I have been using superclean 2.4 nonvoodoo.
I decided to upgrade to superclean 2.9.
- Downloaded new rom and moved to phone by usb
- went to ROM manager to backup and install
- noticed a new version of clorkworkmod and updated (I believe this is the start of problems as I read that CWM3 was having issues)
- Attempted a backup and noticed it finished very quickly (I wasn't closely watching)
- Tried to install rom
- Again I didn't watch closely but it finished quickly and the phone hadn't changed
- tried again, watching closely. noticed clockwork wasn't starting at all.
- verified clockwork was installed and made sure permissions were verified in rom manager
- tried again, same deal
- read that the new CWM was having problems so I used Odin to flash a CWM recovery I had from before (red 2.5)
- rebooted and tried ROM manager again
- Rom manager somehow started up an orange CWM 3 but it errored out.
- I flashed 2.5 again
- Booted into CWM 2.5 red and tried to do a back up. The backup froze for about 30 minutes, so I battery pulled
- Phone booted and stuck on samsung
I can get to CWM 2.5
I tried to restore a backup from today and get the error "Checkign MD5 sums... MD5 mismatch!"
Rebooting system from CWM still gets stuck at SAMSUNG