I'll happily admit that I'm a noob and I NEVER should have done this. After having a couple of android fanatics puffing their chest out about how easy it was to toss Froyo on a phone, I tried it and now I'm stuck.
I have a Samsung Fascinate on Verizon's network. I follow the instructions I found and now I'm stuck staring at some boot up and recover screen. What I can't do is select any of the options give to me.
I'm starting at the following screen:
Android System Recovery <3e> after using Odin3 v1.00
I used Odin3 v100 to load Android 2.2 ROM
I followed the following steps
1. Remove the battery from your phone
2. Remove the SIM Card and MicroSD Card from your phone
(However, since it's a verizon phone, I had no sim card)
3. Place the battery back on the phone
4. Hold down the HOME button, Volume Down button, and Power On button
5. You should now see a Download screen
6. Open Odin 3 v1.0
7. Click on the button “PIT” and load the “s1_odin_20100512.pit” file
8. Click on the button “PDA” and load the “I9000XXJP2-REV03-PDA-CL464213.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
9. Click on the button “Phone” and load the “MODEM_I9000XXJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
10. Click on the button “CSC” and load the “GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJP2.tar” inside of the firmware download’s .rar file.
11. Click the checkbox next to: “Re-Partition”
12. Your settings should now look like Figure #2
13. Plug your phone into your computer with USB Debugging on
14. Look at the gallery below to see if everything is going right
15. Once done, your phone will boot up
And now the phone Rebooted and I get the following message “update media, plase waite E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (invaild argument) E: copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD: you storage not prepared yet. plase use UI menu for format and reboot actions. copy default media contenr failed.”
I can get my phone to the option above and I can still get to download mode so I don't think I'm "bricked"
The options I have are
Enter: OK Key, Select : Vol UP /Vol Down
Reboot system now
Wipe date/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Format internal sd-card
The Volume rocket works to move between the above options but I can't use the “OK” key nor any other to select an action
Someone please please help me! Even if I can just reset it to where I was before, I honestly don't think I'm far along enough that I can't undo what I did, I just don't know how ...
I really really need a hand and will be eternally grateful for any help