All credit goes to CrushD over at XDA for this...
Orig link: [APPS] Collection of TW Mods/Improved TW Experience - xda-developers
[APPS] Collection of TW Mods/Improved TW Experience
Felt like toying around with TouchWiz apps and felt like sharing a few mods of mine. Download the desired apks and place em in your /system/app folder by your method of choice.
All Apps are for FROYO, so only use em if you are on DL30/EB01 or any other Galaxy S Froyo ROM if perchance you aren't a Fascinate user.
Based off of GTG's mod of TouchWiz, seeing that in his post he gave up the project, just felt like toying around with it, more versions perhaps to come in the future.
- 16-bit Disabled Mode - "Slower", but for better image quality. Although I did notice a difference in GTG's 16-bit disabled/enabled, with my mods I didn't notice any drops in framerate so I turned it on.
- Page-Indicator - Placed on the bottom of the screen similar to TW 4.0, I like using them to zip around homescreens and being the bottom is much more accessible than reaching top. Also fixed their touch area, by default they're biased to the left and it becomes apparent when you space em out more.
- Completely removed colored BG images - The BG images that go behind apps in the app drawer, rather than just making them invisible .pngs, completely edited them out of the smali code. I think this is why my App Drawer animations are smoother than GTGs. Will probably upload a version with them later.
- Fixed Touch Sensitivity - One of my major issues with GTG's Launchers, they had a lot of bias towards scrolling left and right on homescreens, making TW's scrolling apps a pain to use.
- Cleaned up Dock - App titles no longer show up in the Dock and I lowered down the dock both due to the lack of text, and to make space for lower Page-Indicators.
- Bunch of minor stuff
5x4 App Drawer
For those of you who like your App Drawer more condensed, here are two versions with full-screen 5x4 App Drawer, one version with dots another without and better spaced.
5x4 No Dot Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1ps5llggf2ab1c
5x4 Dot Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?ki2m9e7borbmw0d
I noticed a request to turn off the "Low Battery" interruption of the Music Player, and here it is. Have at it, stock music player that you can continue to listen to when below 10% battery.
This is the Vibrant's BuddiesNow app, I like it much more than Fascinate's. In addition to the RollerDex view that we have, they also have a Grid View which is much better for accessing contacts.
- Sped up the Bubble Pop-Up considerably.
- Fixed Force-Close errors when not using Vibrant's Contacts apps when checking Missed Call. If you notice any other Force-Closes, let me know and I'll fix it up. This fix is for non-Vibrant users, so if you are on Vibrant, this sped up BuddiesNow may force-close on missed call check.
Probably more stuff to come later.