DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/11

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Nice find! Allrrady on eb01 but nice to have options.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vzw s3
    doesn't get any easier flashing with odin. .great job
    thanks

sent with a Fascinate while driving
    The latest ain't always the greatest!
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Thank you for this. Just Odin to DL09 then up to EB01 the "long way" this morning before I found this lol. I just tried it and it works perfectly. It will def save me some time in the future. Thanks again to everyone that made this possible.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500)

Questions

I am completely new at this and have been reading for a couple of weeks about how to do this. I have gathered so far that this method works great and that I will be able to update to an EB01 Rom doing this. It is also my understanding that this will wipe all of my data (contacts, ringtones, pictures, apps etc....). How does one go about saving these items to reinstall back onto the phone at a later date when done? Sorry for the newbie question. I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer here. If there is a thread just point me in the right direction and I will gladly read. Thanks.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Twitter
    TapoutTwo7
    Phone
    HTC Tbolt, Fascinate, OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by millwood View Post
    I am completely new at this and have been reading for a couple of weeks about how to do this. I have gathered so far that this method works great and that I will be able to update to an EB01 Rom doing this. It is also my understanding that this will wipe all of my data (contacts, ringtones, pictures, apps etc....). How does one go about saving these items to reinstall back onto the phone at a later date when done? Sorry for the newbie question. I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer here. If there is a thread just point me in the right direction and I will gladly read. Thanks.
    your google account will sync your market apps/history, contacts, some settings etc...using the ODIN files in this thread you can flash a rooted EB01 Froyo rom that will have the corresponding EB01 modem, custom Clockwork mod recovery and EB01 kernel.....basically its like starting from scratch, right outta the box.....its best to do it this way when coming from 2.1 to 2.2 because apps and data are NOT compatible across builds....make sense?

Once you do this and sync your google account, redownload apps etc you can boot into custom recovery and make a backup of your phone as it is then so you will always have something to fall back on in case you have issues in the future etc......until you have SU permissions and a custom recovery, no, there is no way to truly backup your apps, data, etc
    Last edited by TAPOUT27; 02-16-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    HTC Thunderbolt
    ROM changes daily
    1.39.00.0627r Radio
    2750mah Batt & Door

YouTube: NSMetroid
    GTalk: tapout27@gmail.com
    Twitter: TapoutTwo7
    Xbox 360: Thaiboxer26
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Excuse my ignorance here.........so I need to create a Google account on my phone to sync my apps, contacts, etc. From there I would need to use ODIN to take my phone EB01 rooted and then make a backup from there. So I would have a backup of the EB01 "stock" rather than my EB28 stock.

Once I am rooted and EB01 installed then I need to SYNC to Google and reinstall apps etc. So if I want a backup of my EB28 I need to root that first and make a backup of that. This would take me back to stock as it is now in case I needed it in the future? I know there are programs I am going to need to root and to backup, is there a program I need for recovery? Sorry for all the questions.......new to the android phone thing.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Twitter
    TapoutTwo7
    Phone
    Excuse my ignorance here.........so I need to create a Google account on my phone to sync my apps, contacts, etc. From there I would need to use ODIN to take my phone EB01 rooted and then make a backup from there. So I would have a backup of the EB01 "stock" rather than my EB28 stock.

Once I am rooted and EB01 installed then I need to SYNC to Google and reinstall apps etc. So if I want a backup of my EB28 I need to root that first and make a backup of that. This would take me back to stock as it is now in case I needed it in the future? I know there are programs I am going to need to root and to backup, is there a program I need for recovery? Sorry for all the questions.......new to the android phone thing.
    yes in order to make a backup of your current EB28 2.1 stock rom you will have to root it, flash a Clockworkmod Recovery file through ODIN and make a backup of your current setup that way....BUT....once you swap to 2.2 it uses a different(though the same) modded CWM recovery that you wont be able to restore that EB28 backup with...see what im saying....you would have to reflash the old CWM recovery you had prior to upgrading to Froyo and wipe wipe wipe and restore EB28, though i have no clue why your wanting to go to all this trouble....EB01 is perfect for the most part, perfectly stable and what this phone should be running...period

As far as GOOGLE goes, theres no point to having a Google phone if you dont have a gmail address/password to take advantage of the services and perks Google offers on the Google phones....such as cloud syncing, auto-restore apps, settings, contacts etc....thats what makes a Google phone so awesome......

Moving on......once you have updated to the current EB01 Rom/modem/modded Froyo CWM revcovery through this thread you will be running the most recent software/firmware available....if for some reason you want to return to a previous build, such as, DL01, DJ05, DL09, DL30 or stock EB01 etc....you can easily search and download the ODIN files that will return you to out of the box builds with or without root
    HTC Thunderbolt
    ROM changes daily
    1.39.00.0627r Radio
    2750mah Batt & Door

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thanks for all the info......I am sure I will have more questions as I get ready to do this, but this is great. I fully understand the different version of CWM for EB28 and EB01.

So basically all the info and items I need to download are right here on the first page of this thread. I just need to find the latest version of Odin and the latest CWM file so I can flash that through Odin?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Twitter
    TapoutTwo7
    Phone
    Thanks for all the info......I am sure I will have more questions as I get ready to do this, but this is great. I fully understand the different version of CWM for EB28 and EB01.

So basically all the info and items I need to download are right here on the first page of this thread. I just need to find the latest version of Odin and the latest CWM file so I can flash that through Odin?
    All those are in the OP here....ODIN is linked there and the EB01 ODIN files will flash the EB01 modem/radio, EB01 kernel, modded compatible CWM recovery and rooted EB01 Rom all at once....one package, doesnt get any easier

just follow the posted instructions and in 20min you'll be good to go
    HTC Thunderbolt
    ROM changes daily
    1.39.00.0627r Radio
    2750mah Batt & Door

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone