DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Haven't had download speeds like this in awhile and never had uploads this fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about update-uploadfromtaptalk1322958324436.png  
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus - Stock
    This morning I went to check the system update. Ah, uh!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus - Stock
    Try again. Went into System Update and the phone said the update is available! Plugged phone in, and started update. Went back to phone, and found it powered off...uh? Powered on and update did not happen. Went to System Update again, and it says I am up to date. Sigh. Will try again tomorrow I quess. Good news, they are testing 4G in our area. 4G LTE appears on our phones from time to time!!! Oh, I just got a System Update notice on my Xoom. lol

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Phone had update available mid day today. I'm going to hold off on updating until we hear back from more people if it's worth it or not. I might just root it instead. Those are amazingly fast speeds!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    Droidbio
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    Received gb this am. Loaded it..everything went perfectly..then I lost data for 1 1/2 hours.
    Did a factory reset and so far so good.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by EmanP223 View Post
    Phone had update available mid day today. I'm going to hold off on updating until we hear back from more people if it's worth it or not. I might just root it instead. Those are amazingly fast speeds!
    I would update, I've never rooted my phones just because I would like to personally have someone show me. That being said, I customize my phone as much as possible otherwise and think that I was just unlucky. I download a ton of stuff to my phone, which I think was why my phone was acting up so bad with the GB update at first. Once I did a factory reset its been running so much better/smoother. I've spent the day redoing everything and its still doing great. Before I posted those speeds, I was hitting 28,000-30,000 download. I backed out of speed test during the uploads, so they didn't obviously register. I live in OKC and have full 4g service and have since 4g service came out. I bought this phone the day it came out and was running in the high 20,000 range consistently. I don't know why, but the last couple of months my phone has averaged 12-16,000 download and 5-7,000 upload. Like I said the update, definitely has improved this phone all the way around.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Also, some people have posted that it would be a good idea to do a factory reset before updating. I should've just bit the bullet and done a FR. I didn't have to when I updated my droid x though, so I took my chances and I was just one of the unlucky ones.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by CoOkMaYnE View Post
    Also, some people have posted that it would be a good idea to do a factory reset before updating. I should've just bit the bullet and done a FR. I didn't have to when I updated my droid x though, so I took my chances and I was just one of the unlucky ones.
    Someone at Verizon once told me to do that before an update. He said that it was cleaner and more fool proof.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr
    I tried to download the Gingerbread update 3 times. My Charge would not take the update. So I took it to the Verizon store and they did a factory reset. Another attempt at the update was done. The phone still didn't take the update. I then called the Verizon techs and they had no clue. Their solution is to let me get an early upgrade for another phone. I was so looking forward to having my Charge run smoother. Now I've gotta decide on which phone to get? Plus come up with the clams for the price of them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by swickster View Post
    Got mine today, Bought the phone on the first day. Live in Michigan. Took forever to download, and is still flashing the droid eye for reboot. Hoping it comes back on.

It keeps restarting, over and over and over...
    That's what happened to me. Took to Verizon store, they tried factory reset a couple times, then gave me a loaner (Thunderbolt) and ordered me a new one to come in in 2-5 days.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Links