How do I can the icons shown in the menu (shaded) area at the bottom on the home screen?
If you mean "change" as opposed to "can" and you are using the stock Samsung Touchwiz interface ...
1. Just open the app drawer.
2. Touch the little "gear" looking icon in the upper left of the screen so that the app icons have an opaque box around them and a + or -.
3. Drag the desired app icons to the shaded area on the bottom of the home screen. (You will replace existing items if you drag a new icon in its place. 4 is the max number of icons).
4. When done, click the options button (left-hand bottom button) and touch "save".
If you meant "can" as in getting rid of the bar -- well, other than downloading and installing a new launcher app, I do not think it can be done.
Last edited by ripper2860; 09-26-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat
Welcome to the forum. You can also use a home replacement app that will give you various choices on layout and what shortcuts go where. You do not have to be rooted to run them either.
- Open applications by tapping the app icon on the right of your dock.
- Make sure your apps are showing in the grid view. If they aren't then go to Menu>Grid View
- When icons are in Grid view go to Menu>Edit
- Now you should be able to move the app icons around. Drag whatever you want to the dock area and it will replace what's there.