DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: no notification led

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid 1

no notification led

ok, so i've had the droid charge for about a week now. one of the first things i noticed it lacked was a notification led for missed calls, texts, voicemail, etc.. i have since found a program called NoLED that kinda works but seems kinda buggy at times. I can't get it to display the right icons, and i feel like since its always running it drains my battery faster. how does everyone else deal with not having a notification led? have you found any other apps? i came from the D1 and it was nice to see an indication when i missed something. based on reviews i've read, that seems to be the most popular complaint. other than that i like the phone. the samsung touchwiz stuff was garbage and it had a ton of bloatware so i've already rooted the phone and put gummycharged 2.0 rom on there and updated the modem from the EE4 release to EP1W.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    charge
    lol oppss misread his post
    Last edited by paulg; 09-24-2011 at 06:24 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    there is a free app called "noled". what it basically does is it will turn an icon on and off on your screen in random pattern and depending on color and style of icon let's you know what you missed...call,text,VM and whatever else you want to see what you missed. NOW before anyone chimes in talking about it sucking up the battery bla bla bla. there is a battery saving settings and you can make it do a whole bunch of things to help save battery life. SO i love this app and it works great, just go to droid market place and down load it free. take your time and go thru setting.
    Did you even read what the OP said? He said that he tried NoLED and did not like it.
    Device: Samsung Droid Charge
    ROM: EP3H (2.3.5)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid 1
    yeah, im already using noled.. its ok.. i cant get my google talk notifications to work correctly.. everything else seems to work fine.. im just not crazy about it because i feel like it drains the battery. i really dont understand why samsung leaves off a basic feature like led light though. i mean it has 2 cameras, hdmi, etc.. but doesnt have something that every free phone probably comes with?! oh well
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    charge
    Quote Originally Posted by leaveone View Post
    yeah, im already using noled.. its ok.. i cant get my google talk notifications to work correctly.. everything else seems to work fine.. im just not crazy about it because i feel like it drains the battery. i really dont understand why samsung leaves off a basic feature like led light though. i mean it has 2 cameras, hdmi, etc.. but doesnt have something that every free phone probably comes with?! oh well
    ya i would happily give up front camera i never use for a led light lol
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    I use Missed Message Flasher found in the market. Basically you can set it up to flash the screen when you miss a text, email or phone call. I only have it set to flash for missed phone calls and I really like it.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Twitter
    is a bird sound
    Phone
    S3, Nexus7
    Premium Member
    Missed Message Flasher is a nice app...and it doesn't seem to hog the battery as much as NoLED does. I've also heard of an app called Easy Reminder...don't know much about that one though.
    "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." -Thomas Edison

Links