DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid Charge battery life awful

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    I'm curious on how the new EP4P modems work had a day were i was having problems running gummycharge 2.1 mic issue. Debating on reactivating my charge. Flashed the stock 2.3.6 the rom its self is the smoothest I've ran. Just hoping someone will post there results with the mic cut out after 20 min. I don't talk alot but when I do i need it to work
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt111 View Post
    I'm curious on how the new EP4P modems work had a day were i was having problems running gummycharge 2.1 mic issue. Debating on reactivating my charge. Flashed the stock 2.3.6 the rom its self is the smoothest I've ran. Just hoping someone will post there results with the mic cut out after 20 min. I don't talk alot but when I do i need it to work
    Its a tad better. Id say 20% more battery life

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Twitter
    is a bird sound
    Phone
    S3, Nexus7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt111 View Post
    The leak is rooted but has all bloat just like the OTA but you can remove the stuff you don't want.
    The leak actually has four choices for download...so you can choose to go without all the bloat. EP4P - Official Gingerbread Build
    Last edited by da2zoe; 11-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If your battery life lasted 10 hours you are lucky, I even consider that's pretty decent battery life. My Driod Charge only last me 4 hours, then I go on to my second battery, because I am a heavy user, I charge it at home, at work or whenever possible.
    As a matter of fact, I used to own a Blackberry Storm1, HTC Eris Driod, Driod x, Samsung Fascinate & now a Driod Charge, none of these smart phone ever lasted me more than 4 hours. However, it gives me so much back that I just simply deal with it, I will have to just keep it charge as much as possible. Isnt all smart phone like that?
    Also, I have already tried to set my brightness to low, and screen shut off in 30 second etc..the battery life short as usual. Nothing can improve it.

da2zoe likes this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Twitter
    is a bird sound
    Phone
    S3, Nexus7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTsang View Post
    If your battery life lasted 10 hours you are lucky, I even consider that's pretty decent battery life. My Driod Charge only last me 4 hours, then I go on to my second battery, because I am a heavy user, I charge it at home, at work or whenever possible.
    As a matter of fact, I used to own a Blackberry Storm1, HTC Eris Driod, Driod x, Samsung Fascinate & now a Driod Charge, none of these smart phone ever lasted me more than 4 hours. However, it gives me so much back that I just simply deal with it, I will have to just keep it charge as much as possible. Isnt all smart phone like that?
    Also, I have already tried to set my brightness to low, and screen shut off in 30 second etc..the battery life short as usual. Nothing can improve it.

Smartphone batteries definitely last as long as how "hard" you use your phone and can vary from person to person. It's great to see someone else recognize this lil fact. I also plug my Charge in to charge (lol, that sounds so funny) when I can for a few minutes during the day. However, I get much more than 4 hours of use at a time. As a note, switching out batteries can mess up the data in your batterystats.bin file which records battery usage so it's possible your phone is lying to you. Using an app such as Battery Calibration will re-calibrate your battery gauge and reset your battery stats file. Worth a try...especially if you've flashed new leaks or roms.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    I have yet to get more than 4 hours of battery out of mine. Heck, I can't even let it sit off the charger all night! That is absolutely unacceptable. I have to turn Data off if I want it to. My X would last me ALL night and most of the next day. This phone is ****. I can only hope the Prime has a better battery.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links