DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid Charge battery life awful

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    Quote Originally Posted by mozar View Post
    Is the back included with the battery? or is it sold separate?
    Yes the battery and door for $27.99 I paid extra for shipping and it was at my door in three days.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    So I have to not receive data to save battery? I have to plug my phone in before I go to bed so it doesn't die. This is the most absurd thing ever. If I want it to last all night I can't receive texts or calls. What is the point of this phone then?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    All the 4g phones have less the great battery life. If you want great battery life buy a blackberry i guess. I really like the extended battery. Personally the best option is to flash a rom like humble or gummycharge which should improve you battery life alot. That is one of the reasons i'm not upgrading to the razar that has no removable battery. Looks like the battery life on that phone is not that great either the problems is your only option is put it on the charger.

Personally I had one to many dropped calls on this phone last week and decided to reactivate my blackberry till a better update becomes available. Just waiting on some feedback on the new radios for the 2.3.6 release then I'll reactivate it
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Yes. you definitely have to plug in the phone before going to bed. Also plug it in office. Charge it as much as possible. Recently my battery life has improved. When is GingerBread release coming out for Charge. then you can use Juice Defender to improve battery life a lot.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    Not sure anyone knows when it is coming out. I did flash 2.3.6 and it runs very smooth but only using wifi debating on if im going reactivate my phone or not all depends on the mic issue being resolved. The leak is rooted but has all bloat just like the OTA but you can remove the stuff you don't want. The rumor is this build was sent to Verizon for approval. Well just have to wait and see. With my current battery I get 24hrs with mid to heavy use. I have got 50hrs with light use running one of the humble builds with the extended battery 3200mAh.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    So I get to keep my phone tethered to a charger day and night? This phone is a ****ing pile. The Prime can't come soon enough. What a waste.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    As much as i like the idea of the prime......my guess is the battery life will be equally sad but I guess we can hope for the best. One question why not just buy the extended battery that will get you through the day seems like a simple fix to me?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    does it work well? It looks pretty large. Also, don't I have to calibrate? This phone is difficult to own.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    It is larger I like personally....I have tried both was with and without calibration. Seems about the same over time. Plus not sure you can wipe the battery stats without rooting. When draining I usually drain to 1% works out pretty good. The only real drawback I have with extended is there are not and cases for it. Otherwise it was money well spent
    Last edited by mjt111; 11-08-2011 at 01:09 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung droid charge
    U do know when u turn off your data u can still receive calls and texts. Just turn the data on when u need to use the internet. I'm using humble 4.5 and the battery life is pretty good compared to stock. Mine charge can last all day with mild use with my 4g on. But I also calibrated it

Sent from my HUMBLE 4.5 using DroidForums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links