DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just venting: I"m so over it now

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    How do you calibrate your battery? I didnt even know you could!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt111 View Post
    I like my charge but i agree not using the right cables or charger can causes problems. Also calibrate you battery then give it a few days and you should see improvement.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
    Yes, I want to know how to calibrate my battery! Have also heard of bump charging, and battery conditioning, and don't know what those are either.

I also decided I would use only HTC chargers for my new Tbolt.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510

battery

There are basically two ways that I have read about

The first is what I did
    I used the app battery calibrator but you will need root access to use it.
    (Removed Link)

I basically followed the instruction. I noticed significant improvement over a three day period than it stabilized.

The second was posted by Fazulka on Android central

1 If you're experiencing higher than normal battery drain, try the following: Charge the phone to full battery; let it keep charging until the battery says it is fully charged. Do not wait until the light is green, it isn't always fully charged, causing a lot of inaccuracies.
    (You can check by going to: Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Battery Level = Full.)
    2 Boot to recovery mode and wipe battery stats in recovery
    3 immediately reboot, and once you have access to the launcher, unplug the phone.
    4 Do not charge the phone until after draining the battery completely, resulting in it automatically shutting off.
    5 Recharge and use your phone as normal.

Not sure if you need root or not for the second method since I haven't tried it personally. I'm not sure running the stock you will ever get the level of battery life as you would flashing custom Rom on the charge but i could be wrong.

Personally if you want to significantly improve your phones battery life flash a new ROM. I'm using humble 1.4 EE4. There is a new version coming in a few days according to the XDA thread.
    I have been using it for a while without any issues at all. I can’t wait for the new one. There are also other available there two but I haven’t tried them yet.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by mjt111; 09-05-2011 at 04:58 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    Thanks mjt111,

As soon as I can ever figure out how to root my phone, I will try these methods. I tried to root it once before and wound up having to take it back to verizon. Thankfully, the guy that worked there is a friend of mine and exchanged it without any questions asked. I never pursued it since. I flashed a new rom, but I didnt know at the time that you had to save the existing 'system files' so if you ever needed to go back to the default, you could. I have read the instructions given here a multitude of times and I am still lost. It's sad too, I'm seriously tech savvy and couldn't figure it out. Makes me feel like an idiot.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    just look for some yotube videos specific to this phone and use the oden method it is really simple. ..good luck

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    I tried that before, but couldn't find any. Of course that was right after the phone had debuted. I'll try it again today and see if i can find anything. Thx!....again!! LOL
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    Thank you; I will try what is possible on my stock phone.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    here is one example. .... this is what i used....use this method at your own risk. Remember despite what people say there is a risk. I personaly have not have any problems using this method. I would wait for the new humble Rom to be released first as it provides great battery life. to come out when you flash the Rom it will root your phone at the same time quick and easy

Update: had to remove link

Last edited by mjt111; 09-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung DROID Charge
    I will try this, but there is one thing that I cannot seem to find the instructions for or any how to's. If I root the phone and install a new rom, what happens to the existing, 'rom' that came with the phone? Is it gone forever or is there a way to back this up so that if I ever needed to return my phone to Verizon I could make the phone 'factory'. Now I am really brand new to this so please bear with my seemingly dumb questions. I just want to make sure that I do everything right so I dont screw myself over with verizon if the time ever comes.

If I root the phone the phone and install a new rom, is the 'factory rom' (for lack of knowing if that is what it is really called), automatically saved in odin? If it ever came to the point that i want to reinstall the factory rom, how would be able to get those files back so I can do that?

This made sense to me, but I'm not sure if this makes sense to anyone else LOL. I appreciate your help in advance. I think I got the rooting and the roming down, but I just to make sure i get a good back up of the default system files and stuff before I do.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    the stock software is not saved, Return To Stock
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links