DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just venting: I"m so over it now

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    I'm on my 4th Charge ...this one (knock on wood) has been just as I expected. Made one modification to it..from rooted Eris days ...installed Launcher Pro.. Battery life is much better than I imagined
    ... can't argue with 15 hrs +..esp since my Laptop doesn't get 4..and can't do 1/4 of what this can..
    You can call me a happy Camper.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Since I am posting from my phone I can't remember everyone's names but ill answer-

Thanks for the rom explanation... still learning :-)

I am using the stock charger as any others make the phone act up. I carry it everywhere I go lol.

Wow four charges... u have me beat at the moment lol.

And four droids!? Oy

Yes to say user error without details is asinine but I assume it usually is user error which is why he said it. I understand.

A string of bad luck seems to befall too many on this board with this phone. No phone is glitch free but finding one with least problems is my goal :-)

Sent from my Samsung Charge using DroidForums.
    ...from BB on Verizon to iPhone on AT&T and back to Verizon with the Samsung Droid Charge ...
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to cutting edge technology, it's not perfect. I don't see a "lot" of problems with the Charge on here. Just keep sending it back til they give you a good one or a new phone. Then you can get your iPhone (4) back. But, don't forget the case for it, since none of them worked without a case since the antenna layout was a POS. Remember that?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Maybe u are just new and dont know how to use a phone bc it looks like noone else has the problem

Last edited by mwhartman; 08-17-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: language
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillie620 View Post
    Maybe u are just new and dont know how to use a phone bc it looks like noone else has the problem

Glad to see someone was nice enough to correct your post.

As for no one else having problems, take some time and read the posts. Has nothing to do with being new or not knowing how to use their phone. Some phonemes just Dad up being duds and then it is being replaced with a refurbished one, the chances of it being a dud is that much greater.

Be thankful you were lucky to get a Charge with no problems... as i was also... but not everyone has!

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Glad to see someone was nice enough to correct your post.

As for no one else having problems, take some time and read the posts. Has nothing to do with being new or not knowing how to use their phone. Some phonemes just Dad up being duds and then it is being replaced with a refurbished one, the chances of it being a dud is that much greater.

Be thankful you were lucky to get a Charge with no problems... as i was also... but not everyone has!

Don't bother Tis- he's just a troll.

To respond to the issues....There are three pages of complaints on this phone. The G issue and camera locking up the phone being the biggest complaints.

Tis are you the one ordering the car charger? If so did you get it?
    ...from BB on Verizon to iPhone on AT&T and back to Verizon with the Samsung Droid Charge ...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by CTownDroid View Post
    Welcome to cutting edge technology, it's not perfect. I don't see a "lot" of problems with the Charge on here. Just keep sending it back til they give you a good one or a new phone. Then you can get your iPhone (4) back. But, don't forget the case for it, since none of them worked without a case since the antenna layout was a POS. Remember that?
    Oh yea I remember that. I wonder if they'll let me get an iPhone as a trade. We shall see!

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Yes, I did order it and am expecting to get it in the next day or two. When I get it, I will definitely post my opinion if it works as good as it should.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by gmorgan056 View Post
    To say it's user error without knowing the details is a bit assinine if you ask me.
    It's also asinine to assume that I'm basing my opinion on just this post. Shurple has complained of multiple uncommon issues through 3 different Droid Charges. Some that come to mind are: the screen changing colors, the touch screen becoming unresponsive or erratic, overheating with anything except the Samsung charger, and uncommonly bad battery life. When I say uncommonly bad battery life, I'm referring to his claims of 3 hours with LTE on and zero use. I know many have mediocre battery life in LTE mode, but that figure is beyond ridiculous.

I realize that there are probably a few other people who have similar issues to these, but they are not common. I currently frequent two different Droid Charge forums (as well as visit two others on occasion), and these simply aren't common complaints. In fact, the only one I have seen from other users (well, one other user) besides Shurple is compatibility with different chargers; but, even that was a matter of not charging rather than overheating.

I wouldn't be so skeptical if a user had a single uncommon issue, or if it was only with a single phone. However, when a user claims to have multiple uncommon issues over the course of multiple phones, I certainly do lean toward user error.
    Last edited by BeefJerky; 08-18-2011 at 12:08 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-i510
    I like my charge but i agree not using the right cables or charger can causes problems. Also calibrate you battery then give it a few days and you should see improvement.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links