DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: OMG I'm ready to throw this thing (uninstall and wallpaper)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge

Angry OMG I'm ready to throw this thing (uninstall and wallpaper)

Can someone please tell me what the pink pony I'm doing wrong because I've tried about 4 different ways of uninstalling programs I don't want anymore (third party), but EVERY time I reboot, there they are back again. Every time I've uninstalled it has said it was successful.

Also, I can change my wallpaper to anything, but that also reverts to that city picture on reboot.

I'm certainly no newb to technology, but am new to Droid (BB certainly does some things REALLY right).

{edit}
    Even better for this mystery. I've formatted the SD card, I've factory reset through the interface and through the button press method, and formatted the SD card again. Guess what. STILL does it! I've even deleted apps through the Market, but they are always there after boot.
    {/edit}
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 07-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    you cant delete any of the bloat apps that come on the stock phone, A for effort but the only way to get rid of them is, flash custom software or flash a rooted kernel and freeze them. i recommend the first, gone is usually better all around...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeht View Post
    Can someone please tell me what the eff I'm doing wrong because I've tried about 4 different ways of uninstalling programs I don't want anymore (third party), but EVERY time I reboot, there they are back again. Every time I've uninstalled it has said it was successful.

Also, I can change my wallpaper to anything, but that also reverts to that city picture on reboot.

I'm certainly no newb to technology, but am new to Droid (BB certainly does some things REALLY right).

{edit}
    Even better for this mystery. I've formatted the SD card, I've factory reset through the interface and through the button press method, and formatted the SD card again. Guess what. STILL does it! I've even deleted apps through the Market, but they are always there after boot.
    {/edit}
    Which apps have you been uninstalling that end up re-appearing?

The wallpaper thing is very weird. It's almost as if the phone is auto-restoring to a prior backup saved state upon each reboot. Are there some special reboot options in Touchwiz I don't know about?

Brandon
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    I would try a factory reset and see if that helps anything. You will have to re-install your apps but it should resolve the funky issue you are experiencing.....key word is should.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    you cant delete any of the bloat apps that come on the stock phone, A for effort but the only way to get rid of them is, flash custom software or flash a rooted kernel and freeze them. i recommend the first, gone is usually better all around...
    I know I can't delete the bloatware, but these are third party apps I installed afterwards. I have about 12 apps or so, all different developers. Things from Angry Birds, to soundboards, and apps specific for my job. All of them reappear after uninstall.

[quote=bplewis24;1652659]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeht View Post
    Which apps have you been uninstalling that end up re-appearing?

The wallpaper thing is very weird. It's almost as if the phone is auto-restoring to a prior backup saved state upon each reboot. Are there some special reboot options in Touchwiz I don't know about?

Brandon
    Angry Birds, Colornote, some family guy soundboards, Pandora, Wimp.com, etc etc. Nothing terribly weird in terms of apps. But it does seem like it is auto-restoring from somewhere, but I've repeatedly formatted the SD card, the cache, and factory resets; still they all come back.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    I would try a factory reset and see if that helps anything. You will have to re-install your apps but it should resolve the funky issue you are experiencing.....key word is should.
    I've done that, about three times now. It doesn't seem to wipe correctly because all of the apps are still there, but general settings revert, my homepages go back to standard, it erases "standard" apps like MyVerizon and Adobe flash. And it remembers my accounts, which I'm about 90% positive that it is supposed to make me go through the whole setup again after a factory wipe.

I'm taking it to the Verizon store now, we'll see what they say. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a new one; or they'll flash it again.
    Last edited by Jeht; 07-24-2011 at 02:33 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    i was going to suggest that lol, but i was going to tell you how to do it yourself in about ten minutes
    we have the technology lol
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
    i was going to suggest that lol, but i was going to tell you how to do it yourself in about ten minutes
    we have the technology lol
    They didn't do anything except order me a new phone to be mailed to me. Why mail it? I have a bad phone in my hand, you have a bunch of new phones in the back... this can be REAL simple.

But I told her what I did to try to resolve it and she said "well, you did everything we would've done." I asked if they could flash it, they said the only way the can is with the method on the phone.

Man, I miss the days when stores had techs who actually knew what they were doing.

Guess I'll read up on how to flash it all myself since all I can do right now is make calls, and send/rcv texts...but without any contacts info.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    yea heres the worst thing, the phone they are sending you is a refurb.
    if you are in the 14 days demand a new one, if not, its refurb for all lol
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge (RIP OG Droid)
    Go to XDA, and read up on using odin to flash the phone. If your a techy person, its quite simple.

Then you can either flash the stock ee4, or choose a custom rom with root.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post
    Go to XDA, and read up on using odin to flash the phone. If your a techy person, its quite simple.

Then you can either flash the stock ee4, or choose a custom rom with root.
    umm how about he read up here?
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...hing-odin.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...urn-stock.html

i havent gotten around to putting the EE4 on there yet but it doesnt matter, it will OTA to EE4 from either build in my post.

Links