DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: So I Bought These Cables.........

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Sansung Droid Charge

So I Bought These Cables.........

They are hdmi to rca cables for my droid so i can output it to my old fashion tv. My question is will this work? Someone told me that this will not work at all. Anyone have any experience with this?? Thanks!!

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    If it's just cables, it won't work. Digital to analog conversion requires a powered converter.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    VZ Samsung Charge
    I too needed to output to RCA type connectors for the times when I travel and the motel TV only has RCA input. Also, comes in handy when you are staying over at a friend or relatives house. Ever notice how old their TV's are in their guest bedrooms

My Brother picked up this "powered" device off Amazon because he too travels and he uses his laptop using Sling player to stream his home's DVR to a motel TV.

I too own a Sling Box Classic and have used it for years in motels. But now they are trying to force me to upgrade to the Sling Box Solo for $159 and shell out yet another $30 for the Sling Mobile Player for Android (I already paid them $30 to get it on my former BB, you would think they would offer you a discount for the Android download).

So I also ordered this converter last week to use with a Micro HDMI cable out from Charge into the converter and then out to any TV's RCA's or S-video.

I figure for the one-time outlay of $48 for this converter (better than spending $200 for another Sling setup) and I won't have to tote around a laptop anymore when traveling and can stream Netflix from the Charge.

Check out the Amazon user reviews on this device. Hopefully it will also work with the Charge. I can report back (if anyone is interested) after the device is delivered next week.
    Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics

* I have no connection with this device or company, don't know if it will even work with the Charge yet!
    Last edited by expidia; 07-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    I am interested to hear if it works.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge

Does Charge conversion to RCA video word?

[QUOTE=expidia;1652765]I too needed to output to RCA type connectors for the times when I travel and the motel TV only has RCA input. Also, comes in handy when you are staying over at a friend or relatives house. Ever notice how old their TV's are in their guest bedrooms

My Brother picked up this "powered" device off Amazon because he too travels and he uses his laptop using Sling player to stream his home's DVR to a motel TV.

I too own a Sling Box Classic and have used it for years in motels. But now they are trying to force me to upgrade to the Sling Box Solo for $159 and shell out yet another $30 for the Sling Mobile Player for Android (I already paid them $30 to get it on my former BB, you would think they would offer you a discount for the Android download).

So I also ordered this converter last week to use with a Micro HDMI cable out from Charge into the converter and then out to any TV's RCA's or S-video.

I figure for the one-time outlay of $48 for this converter (better than spending $200 for another Sling setup) and I won't have to tote around a laptop anymore when traveling and can stream Netflix from the Charge.

Check out the Amazon user reviews on this device. Hopefully it will also work with the Charge. I can report back (if anyone is interested) after the device is delivered next week.
    Amazon.com: HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS: Electronics

Thanks much for the info. Does the hdmi micro cable work through a converter to RCA video cables?

My daughter has the Charge but no video will appear on her TV which may not support 1080. Streaming hockey video works great on her charge, but no video passes to the TV, apparently the Charge only outputs 1080 and the TV only 720p.

Links